Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you have number superstitions.

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What numbers have special meaning to you.

7 [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
11 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
13 [ 8 ]  [42.11%]
2 [ 2 ]  [10.53%]
3 [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Other, please specify. [ 5 ]  [26.32%]
Total Valid Votes [ 19 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
New Jersey
United States
Member #21206
September 4, 2005
949 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2006, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I admit that I think of some numbers as "lucky" and others as "unlucky."  I know this is irrational, and I try not let it enter into how I play the lottery.

In my family "13," a number many people dislike and fear, feels lucky.  My Dad married my mom on the 13th, and after she died, married my stepmom on the 13th.  He had two great marriages.

I personally fear the triple sixes and don't like to see them.  I don't know why but they give me the hebbie-jebbies, and I'm not particularly religious.

What about you?  Any number superstitions?  Do these superstitions effect your lottery play? 

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2006, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I always suspect my numbers are wrong. I do admit when choosing numbers I will avoid 7,11,3 and 13 but this is because these are commonly selected numbers. I had a dream a long time ago of looking at a lottery ticket with an 8 and 10 as the numbers but these numbers haven't been lucky for me for years.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
      Member #26882
      November 23, 2005
      1404 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2006, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I had to vote others because I do not have any problems using any numbers in the lottery and you did not have a none button. Now when it comes to religion that would be different there is a number that I would not want stamped on my forehead nor hand!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4576 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2006, 1:33 am - IP Logged

My son was born on the 13th so I especially like that number ! Its served well on the roulette wheel to hit recently! As to a number I avoid, its the number 6.

I dont "fear" a number per se, I just have less of a liking towards using certain numbers when placing them on a bet slip.

Interesting poll! thanks for posting it.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2006, 2:45 am - IP Logged

My vote is for other although there are many numbers I like and dislike. 6 is my favorite number (my vote) because I hope that WB 6 and Mega 6 will occur in CA SLP. I like lucky numbers 1, 7, and 11 when any of those numbers come out. However, 13 not lucky for me because it seems like its fear and dislike can occur. Also, 4 is considered unlucky because the word (number) in Chinese is bad. 8 is my other favorite number because my dad, my sister, and my nephew were born on the 8th (day) in different months.

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            51098 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2006, 6:30 am - IP Logged

"1"

The ONE That Wins The Jackpot!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2006, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I would have to say other because I don't have an unlucky number or a number I fear. I have a few numbers that are my favorites and that probably hurts my playing a bit since I like to play them, but other then that I play what I feel is going to win.

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2006, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

The number 4 in Chinese means death. That's why I don't like #4. 1 is one of my favorite numbers if I ever win a jackpot.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: April 30, 2006, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Numbers that would have SPECIAL MEANING to me would be any 6 I picked that are drawn on the day I buy a ticket! Smiley 

I do have a suspicion, if you can call it that. Maybe it's a fear. Although I realize my numbers might never be picked, I have a few sets for the 6/53 Lotto I'm afraid to change. So maybe that counts. They are numbers that relate to birthdays and special dates for my family.

One number that "haunts" me but I'm not sure if I should play it or not is 22.  One of my first experiences in gambling was in Vegas many years ago and I was playing roulette. I bet on black, even and 22. For at least a dozen spins, odd, red or 0/00 came up. (I mean, what are the odds?) I figured that, even if 22 didn't get hit all night, at least even and black would, right? About 10 seconds after I stood up and turned to walk away I heard "number 22!"  It's just something I always remember.

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2006, 11:50 am - IP Logged

The number 4 in Chinese means death. That's why I don't like #4. 1 is one of my favorite numbers if I ever win a jackpot.

4 was unlucky for MUSL in its late 1990s Annuity4Life. It lasted only a year and a half.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                      Washington State
                      United States
                      Member #33973
                      February 26, 2006
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

Two numbers I especially like are 13 and 26.  Ever since I heard these two numbers "spoken" as I was falling asleep one night about 20 years ago, these numbers have seemed special.  I played both numbers in combination with various other numbers in the state lottery the next night and both 13 and 26 hit!  I won about $140.  Too bad I couldn't have been "given" more than two numbers!  Since that time, I've played those numbers a lot.

Other numbers I like are 7, 9, 11, 18, 19, 21, 28, and 43.  I have no idea why except that my birthday is on the 7th.  I don't have any numbers I dislike. 

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Two numbers I especially like are 13 and 26.  Ever since I heard these two numbers "spoken" as I was falling asleep one night about 20 years ago, these numbers have seemed special.  I played both numbers in combination with various other numbers in the state lottery the next night and both 13 and 26 hit!  I won about $140.  Too bad I couldn't have been "given" more than two numbers!  Since that time, I've played those numbers a lot.

Other numbers I like are 7, 9, 11, 18, 19, 21, 28, and 43.  I have no idea why except that my birthday is on the 7th.  I don't have any numbers I dislike. 

26 is a bad number in NY. Mega Millions tickets with the wrong choice say "26 ANNUAL PAYMENTS".

United States
                          Member #16612
                          June 2, 2005
                          3493 Posts
                          Posted: May 4, 2006, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Add 26 to my bad number list because I don't choose annual payments if I ever win a jackpot (if ever).

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5143 Posts
                            Posted: May 5, 2006, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I always suspect my numbers are wrong. I do admit when choosing numbers I will avoid 7,11,3 and 13 but this is because these are commonly selected numbers. I had a dream a long time ago of looking at a lottery ticket with an 8 and 10 as the numbers but these numbers haven't been lucky for me for years.

dvdiva.................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssfor being.............HONEST

some of my ...............5-11-13-16-20-..............don't know whatt

I dreamed of a lotta ........................things last nite............(BUT)

LOL

PSYKOMO

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: May 11, 2006, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

For some reason I don't like the number 14 either. Maybe because of February 14, as I've always been single.