Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question concerning wheels

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to tap into the knowledge and expertise of our members who use wheels in the pick 5's and 6's with a hypothetical question.

Let's say you're playing the pick 6 with a 13 number pool and you find that you have 4 of those numbers correct a "reasonable" percentage of the time, and you are choosing between two wheels with the exact same amount of lines. One is a 3 if 3 guarantee and one is a 4 if 5 guarantee.

Which one would you choose and what would be your reasoning behind your choice?

Thanks for any feedback!

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: May 5, 2006, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I would choose the one with 3 if 3 guarantee because if three numbers come out in a jackpot games, chances are people will win a prize.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2006, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Just6ntic, I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking along the same lines. At least if you get the 3 right you'll get something back with the chance that if you get 4 or more right you still have a chance at the higher prizes or multiple 3's. I like the even spread it gives from your number pool. You don't get that with random selection from the pool...sometimes it pays off and other times you get burned. I've had five right from my pool and haven't won a three of five. Other times I only had 3 right and hit multiple times. It's a crapshoot.

I'm experimenting with random picks from the pool compared to wheeled numbers from the pool and this was important for the "wheel phase" of my experiment.

Thanks again...........Thumbs Up

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: May 6, 2006, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Rick G, whenever I play MM, PB, or CA SLP and choose a wheel, I definately would go for 3+0 because it's very hard to win if you don't match the MB.