Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

More useless info about 666

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
BuzzsawAnn's avatar - nw shadow.jpg
CHICAGO
United States
Member #28557
December 18, 2005
111 Posts
Posted: May 6, 2006, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

The number 6 is sometimes called the perfection of the parts because, multiplied by itself, it always reappears at the place of the unit: 6, 36, 216, etc.

According to Euclid, 6 is also the first perfect number because it is equal to the sum of its aliquot parts. Let us mention that the four other perfect numbers that follow are 28, 496, 8128 and 33550336.

Warrain points out that the number 6 is the only number able to satisfy the equality:

1 + 2 + 3 +... + n = 1 x 2 x 3 x... x n

The real name of Bill Gates, president of Microsoft, is William Henry Gates III. Today he is known under the name of Bill Gates (III), where "III" the third. By converting the letters of his name using ASCII value (lower-case letters), and by adding 3, we obtain: b(66) + i(73) + l(76) + l(76) + g(71) + a(65) + t(84) + e(69) + s(83) + 3 = 666. Furthermore, someone also says that he earns $666/minute.

Some authors have advanced that the duration of the reign of the Antichrist would be of 666 months.

Last but not least the number 666 has fallen 123 times since 1998  It has fallen on Xmas day inin texas and Ill. The number seems to like falling on the 29th day of the month in Mar, Apr, Jan, Aug

Oddly enough I could little happening on 6/6/ 1906  how odd is that????

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: May 6, 2006, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Adding up all the numbers on a roulette wheel comes to 666!

U.S. Highway 666 which went through New Mexico had an inordinate amount of freak accidents happen on it so the route number was redesignated.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2006, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I really hate to bust the bubbles of millions and millions of people around the world who think 666 is the number, but A recent discovery was made. That discovery also prompted new information about Judas as well.

Pacattack05........

Revelation! 666 Is Not the Number of the Beast (It's a Devilish 616)
      The Independent
      A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians, scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

The new fragment from the Book of Revelation, written in ancient Greek and dating from the late third century, is part of a hoard of previously unintelligible manuscripts discovered in historic dumps outside Oxyrhynchus in Egypt. Now a team of expert classicists, using new photographic techniques, are finally deciphering the original writing.

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original. He said: 'This is an example of gematria, where numbers are based on the numerical values of letters in people's names. Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking: 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula.'

The Book of Revelation is traditionally considered to be written by John, a disciple of Jesus; it identifies 666 as the mark of the Antichrist. In America, the fundamentalist Christian right often use the number in sermons about the coming Apocalypse.

They and satanists responded coolly to the new 'Revelation'. Peter Gilmore, High Priest of the Church of Satan, based in New York, said: 'By using 666 we're using something that the Christians fear. Mind you, if they do switch to 616 being the number of the beast then we'll start using that.'

BuzzsawAnn's avatar - nw shadow.jpg
        CHICAGO
        United States
        Member #28557
        December 18, 2005
        111 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2006, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

...and did you notice 666 just fell in Mo midday Sunday may 7th - how is that for timing- I wonder what the test numbers were 616?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2006, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

In Hebrew and Greek letters correspond to numbers (gematria). Everyone's name has a number.

616 is thought to have been Nero and many believe the Biblical prophecies are abour 616 and not 666, but this is nothing new.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2006, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

In Hebrew and Greek letters correspond to numbers (gematria). Everyone's name has a number.

616 is thought to have been Nero and many believe the Biblical prophecies are abour 616 and not 666, but this is nothing new.

I beg to differ. It was news to me, and I've been studying the versions since my understanding of logic, and how it can be applied.

I can almost guarantee you, that most people did not know this was the case.....

I've studied alot of religous habits. In the christian realm, 666  had a noteriety. 616 is news to me....

For the most part, 666 was the leading thought.

ScorpionPrince's avatar - einstein albert-einstein-4100103.jpg
              Holland, Michigan
              United States
              Member #37733
              April 19, 2006
              75 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2006, 2:36 am - IP Logged

That's our area code here in West Michigan. The antichrist resides in 616. Hmm lets put our heads together and think who the richest man in west michigan, has ties with the government and religious artifacts...lol....oh no its me!duh

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: May 8, 2006, 4:15 am - IP Logged

Very true.  There were 2 different Hebrew spellings for Nero and one added up to 616 and the other 666