|Posted: May 14, 2006, 10:46 pm - IP Logged|Date Puzzle:
Tom, the main character in a popular new sitcom, doesn't know when he's had too much of a good thing. In this week's episode of the show, Tom becomes overconfident about his ability to juggle several dates at once, and ends up making plans with five women for the same night! Tom plans to meet each one at a different time of the evening (8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 or 12:00) at a different club before hurrying out to meet his next date. Naturally, things don't go quite as he plans, as each women (including Eleanor) figures out what's going on and vents her disapproval in a different way. Fortunately, Tom remains unhurt, except for his pride! From the clues below, can you recreate the sitcom plot by determining the time at which Tom meets each woman (identified by full name), the club at which they meet, and the way in which each woman expresses her disapproval?
1. Tom meets Maxine at some point after he meets a woman at Elbowroom and at some point before he meets the woman who stomps on his foot when she discovers his plan.
2. Tom meets Ms. Gates and a woman at Sanctuary consecutively, in some order.
3. He meets Ms. Flanders three hours earlier than he meets the woman who rips the sleeve off of this shirt.
4. Tom meets Vannah and the woman who ends up making a public announcement about his behavior two hours apart, in some order.
5. The women who arrives for her date with Tom at Standing Room Only ends up pouring her drink on his head.
6. Cassandra isn't the one he meets at Time Out.
7. At 9:00, Tom meets Ms. Dempsey.
8. He doesn't meet a date at Funky Freddie's at 12:00.
9. Ms. Hennessy, who ultimately treats Tom to a first-hand look at her karate skills, isn't the woman who meets Tom at 10:00.
10. Dawn is surnamed McCormick