Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Change of minor details...

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2006, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Some minor details i wish they change about the lotteries are the following. Guys have you all bought a pick3 ticket in a gas station, won and change the ticket in another gas station just to hear them tell you that you have to change the pick3 ticket in the same convenient store that you bought it. (it happened to me years ago, don't know if is the case today)
Second, have you all play pick5 and see that up to 5/6 lines can come in each ticket, but if you buy one pick3 ticket only one combination can come on it...If that's not the case in your state, is the case here in Ga.
i feel that they need to change this minor details that most people don't pay attention too. They need set it where you can redeem a ticket anywhere you like, provided is in the same state. I wish they let up to 5 combinations come in each pick3 ticket. So if you buy 5 combinations they all appear in one pick3 ticket...
Psychology tells me that if you let up to 5 lines appear in 1 pick3 ticket players are going to like it more. Think about it, if people play 10 dollars, that's 10 different tickets. If they see 5 line in one ticke they are going to think oh i bought a lot, (is the sight of it), if they buy 10 different tickets, perception takes over and it makes it seem that you bought a few, besides it comes the old touble of "searching" for the tickets, and the reminder, of "you don't know where you left it" or "is in my purse" (since they are that many). Plus i bet that if they changed it and let up to 5 lines come on each pick3 ticket, the convenient store would have trouble with the bunch of paper work (pick3 tickets) when it comes time to turn them over and redeem them...What you all think?

pumpi76

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31361 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2006, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

by law - you can cash it at ANY retailers.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10353 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2006, 12:23 am - IP Logged

pumpi76

emilyg is telling you right. Think about it, what if you were traveling and bought a ticket somewhere (within the same state of course).

One time my wife won $200 on a scratcher at a convenience mart so she asked them if they could cash it. They did but thanked her for askin, and said if they hadn't had the cash on hand to just go to a grocery store that has lotto.  

linflythe's avatar - bigears
        North West, GA
        United States
        Member #12582
        March 17, 2005
        13 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2006, 1:08 am - IP Logged

This is due to the reasoning behind allowing winners to claim up to 600.00 without being taxed.  If you played a number str8 and hit more than once you would have to report to main headquarters to claim and it would cause a lot of problems for them to do this on a daily basis.  Most states probably don't have but a couple of corporate offices statewide.  So I say leave alone and let stay the way it is. 

I think most of the time the problem lies within the convience and retail stores when it comes to cashing in tickets, and trusting their employees.  I do feel that there is a better means for getting tickets cashed.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10353 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2006, 2:10 am - IP Logged

I can't think of anywhere we've ever played lottery that the lottery sales aren't just an additional job that the clerks do, I can't think of anywhere that someone is strictly a lottery clerk.

When Powerball or Mega Millions is way up some of the stores that sell tickets dedicate one register to lotto but that's just for the drawing day usually.  

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2006, 2:14 am - IP Logged

you have to change the pick3 ticket in the same convenient store that you bought it 

Although any retailer can payout your prize, it doesn't mean that they have the money on hand at all times.  I don't live in GA, but I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Just go to a large supermarket or busy convenient store or gas station. If this happens again, you could probably report the retailer, but they could also claim that they had just made a bank deposit. I can understand their attitude, however, if you weren't a regular customer if it was more than a few bucks, although working in stores, I've usually gone out of my way to help people.

if they buy 10 different tickets, perception takes over and it makes it seem that you bought a few,

Interesting, Pumpi. To me a pile of 10 tickets looks like a lot more than 2 tickets with 5 bets each. Anyway, I always know exactly how much I spend, but that's just me. Right now I don't spend too much, but even when I played more, I always preferred getting separate slips for each bet. I know you're talking about the Pick-3, but when I buy my 6/53 tickets, I always use separate cards even though I can get up to 5 lines. If you win $599 or less you don't need to go to a lottery office and can cash the ticket at a local retailer. If you are very lucky and win on more than one line, then maybe you'll go over $600 which would be very inconvenient if there isn't a district lottery office near you.

it comes the old touble of "searching" for the tickets, and the reminder, of "you don't know where you left it" or "is in my purse"

As far as losing or misplacing tickets go, I don't see why a person would have a greater chance of losing 10 or 15 tickets as he would 2 or 3. Please don't think I'm arguing, but it's just the way I look at this, since you asked. I think it would be a lot easier to forget about a single ticket than a pile of them. I use one of those dorky plastic lottery sleeves they give out for free at most lottery retailers in Florida and then I throw them in a shoebox I keep under my desk. In over 30 years of playing lotteries, I don't think I ever once put my ticket in a pocket. Maybe I'm too neurotic because I look at each ticket as "maybe this is a winner" and I certainly wouldn't misplace or lose $500.  If possible I always check the numbers the same night I buy a ticket anyway which I think is a good idea if you're going to bother playing. 

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: May 30, 2006, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Coin Toss in that I think it is best to ask to see if they have enough money to cash yoiur winning ticket, before letting them check it. That way when you win, you know you will be able to get your money right then and there.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2006, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

If they are reported their lotto license will be pulled.  I have printed all the rules and regs on getting a license to open a lotto store..

If caught not redeeming a ticket .. license can be pulled..

Check with your state online and see what the rules and regs are for the retailer.. You should be able to get this information.

Then when it happens to you.. flop the rules and regs out for the retailer to see. It could be an oversight with the retailer..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: May 30, 2006, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Coin Toss in that I think it is best to ask to see if they have enough money to cash yoiur winning ticket, before letting them check it. That way when you win, you know you will be able to get your money right then and there.

Very important advice. If the store has just made a safe drop they may be short of funds..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44