Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Grandmother `shocked but thrilled`

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #17096
June 11, 2005
225 Posts
Posted: May 19, 2006, 7:00 am - IP Logged
A 78-year-old Teesside grandmother is enjoying belated celebrations after discovering she had won a £390,592 share of the jackpot in the Lotto draw on Saturday 25 March 2006.

Anne Kelly from Normanby was `shocked but thrilled` after learning of her win at her local shop when she had gone along simply to place her regular numbers for the following week`s draw. Now her first priority is to take her Teesside-based family on a holiday to Ireland to meet up with some of her relatives in Dublin, who she has not seen in more than 20 years. Next on the list is to have the exterior of the house painted.

Anne explained: "I couldn`t believe it - I usually check my numbers on the night itself but we had been celebrating my grandson`s 10th birthday so I missed the draw. It was such an amazing feeling when the shop assistant told me I`d matched all six numbers that I immediately rang my daughter Mary to share the good news. I`m going to spend some of my winnings on a holiday and my house, but after that I`ll be sharing my good fortune with the family."

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/winners/winnersGallery.do

United Kingdom
    Member #31295
    January 27, 2006
    73 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2006, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

Oh what a surprise another winning grandmother Roll Eyes

But I suppose its albout the publicity.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2006, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

What's the surprise? Are older people not suppose to win the lottery?

United Kingdom
        Member #31295
        January 27, 2006
        73 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2006, 5:55 am - IP Logged

What's the surprise? Are older people not suppose to win the lottery?

Not really but I would like to hear some of the bad publicity stories rather than the grandmother that wins story for the millionth time - it makes me wonder if it's still worth me playing when grandmothers keep on winning.

How about "unemployed crack addict wins a million". Now that's a story.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2006, 10:37 am - IP Logged

the unemployed crack addict would be the one to lose the dang ticket and have the drawing held up for months waiting on the winner..

lol

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: May 21, 2006, 3:30 am - IP Logged

Not really but I would like to hear some of the bad publicity stories rather than the grandmother that wins story for the millionth time - it makes me wonder if it's still worth me playing when grandmothers keep on winning.

Then you definitely shouldn't play in Florida!  Lots of 70 and 80-something year olds win here.