Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2nd prize in P-ball payout time frame

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by TheGameGrl.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
iowa
United States
Member #32899
February 16, 2006
46 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2006, 1:51 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive your money if you win the second place prize in Powerball? I know it takes on average two weeks or so to receive the jackpot prize money, but I was just curious about the second prize. According to the rules I think that you would receive it the same day you turned it in at Powerball HQ. Just curious. Thanks for any help and good luck to all.

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2006, 2:25 am - IP Logged

Yes, I think you would receive the money instantly, since the individual state pays the fixed prizes out of its own funds.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2006, 2:32 am - IP Logged

I thought that it took a bit of time. Don't they check to see if you owe back taxes or child support and such? I guess they could do that in a couple hours though.

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2006, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Oh right, I forgot about those. Still, receiving a second place prize shouldn't take quite as long as receiving a jackpot prize.

iowa
          United States
          Member #32899
          February 16, 2006
          46 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2006, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the response guys.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4523 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2006, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

In the state of PA, the following is usually done when winnings are over 5k (but not the actual grandprize powerball winning)

1:Claimant(s)  files at the designated Lottery headquarter locations.

2: Funds are electronically deposited ( if one so chooses that method) into the persons account within 14 days. It takes another five days from deposit date to *clear* as a true deposit for withdrawel purposes.

3: If any back taxes or state liens/city liens are discovered, such amounts are deducted prior to disbursement.

4: A check can be issued to the claimant in lieu of electronic deposit. This would still take approximately two weeks . The time frame is approximate and not necessarily a TRUE account because factors may be involved that can hold up the disbursement. (re: group claim, in trust, or litigation disputes).

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014