Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I quit Chain purchasing scratchers.

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by bellyache.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #38807
May 5, 2006
34 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2006, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

I have a bad habit of winning petty prizes like winning the same amount of what the ticket was worth when bought, then buying the same game after that. 100% of the time, they're losers.  I think the Lottery has it set up like that because most people come back and buy the same ticket.

Memphis, TN
    United States
    Member #39764
    May 21, 2006
    9 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2006, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

If I cash in a small win, like $3 or so...the clerk is nearly always surprised when I just take the money.  I think they count on your taking your small-time winnings in tickets.  Lately, Ive taken to winning tickets instead of small cash prizes.  A bunch of them in the last week or so.  I never cash those in right then.  I wait until my next lotto purchase and then buy a few scratch-offs at the same time, using my winners to partially pay for the scratch-off purchase.  I try to  buy at least five of the same ticket at a time.  I'll usually get some sort of winner or other out of five in a row.  Usually nothing big, though.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: May 24, 2006, 2:28 am - IP Logged

I think it depends on what ticket you play.  I like to buy about 5-10 of the same ticket just in case.  You never know what the next ticket might bring you.  In Florida I bought 1 $20 ticket and lost.  That's a lot of money to lose at one time playing the lottery.  But for some reason I thought you never know what the next ticket holds.  I bought the next ticket anyway and won $100.  That's the integrity of the game and that's why people play. 

Something I have noticed.  $1 games have very low pay outs.  $2 games (Jumbo Bucks in TN and GA) have a lot better pay outs.  However, I like the $5 or $10 games because the odds are a lot better and I've won more money on those because the pay outs are a lot higher.  Crimsicle for my top ten TN scratch offs you can see my blog.  I'll be posting my top ten very soon.  The top ten will be based on odds, top prizes, and the number of top prizes still available.  Good luck!

How are you going to win if you don't play?

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: May 30, 2006, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I like to play $1 and $2 games every once in a while, but I really don't purchase that many tickets over $5. I guess I'm not much of scratch-off person.