Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

the right wheel?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2006, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Guys, i wanted to ask you all what you all thought about my opinion on which one should be the right wheel for FL mega money lotto; a pick4, 1-35 wheel or a pick5 wheel..The lotto selects 4 numbers from 1-44 and a bonus ball from 1-22. Now I used to think that you needed a pick5 wheel to play that game, but i believe that you need a pick4, 1-35 wheel to play that game (not regular pick4)...You are wheel 4 numbers and then you select the 10 most played bonus balls and you guess or go through all 10, starting from 1 and ending in 10 and then starting back at 1 and ending in 10 and so on, and so on. Guys the reason i don't think a pick5 wheel will be good for Fl mega money game is because, you got a bonus ball sort of speak, "in the way". If you select a pick5 wheel and then you select the right lane (sort of speak) of each combination for/as your bonus ball, you are sort of obstructing with the flow of the wheel and this may "meddle" the some of the guarantees the wheel might carry. It's just my opinion...Guys, what's you all opinion on this, am i right or wrong?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3104 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2006, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Florida Mega Money is a Pick-4/44 plus Pick-1/22 game, you have to win both to collect the jackpot. 

With games that have a bonus number you can play a wheel based on more numbers being drawn then there are per line. 

With mega/power numbers you cannot, or at least cannot to any useful purpose. 

Making a 3if5 wheel with 4 numbers in a line would just give you a 2if4 wheel.  You might as well make a 2if4 wheel properly.

BobP

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean when you say: mega/power numbers? What are they?

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2006, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

When I use wheels for Powerball and other Pick 6 games I use a Pick5 wheel and then I just choose a number for the Powerball. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your question, you just use what you feel works best for you.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2006, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean when you say: mega/power numbers? What are they?

When a game draws an additional number(s) they either draw it from an independent hopper like Mega Ball or Power Ball which means the same number can be drawn twice, it increases the odds against winning and you must have it correct to win the jackpot.

Mega Money is Pick-4 plus a Pick-1 Mega Ball,  Power Ball is Pick-5 plus a Pick-1 Power Ball.

This is the opposite of a game drawing a bonus number which is a additional number from the same hopper and substitutes for a number you didn't have correct.  So you can win with six or five plus bonus. 

For example, I play the NSW Oz Lottery game. It is a Pick-6/45 with 2 bonus balls. 8 balls are drawn from the same hopper.  I can win a 4# prize with 4 regular numbers or 3#'s plus a bonus ball.  Bonus helps you win, lowers the odds, is a good thing.  A Power or Mega ball makes it harder, raises the odds. 

When making wheels you can include the possibility of more numbers drawn with bonus numbers, with Mega/Power numbers you cannot.

This should not be confused with someone calling a Key or King number a power number when making a key number wheel.

BobP