Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

interesting article

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lucky146's avatar - animal monkey.jpg
ny
United States
Member #40152
May 28, 2006
77 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2006, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

What's going on. Figured I've been lurking around here long enough it's about time I joined the party.

I came across an interesting article about this extremely lucky man in Cali who won the lotto. Apparently, he just buys quickpicks, but "wills" the numbers to come out. Perhaps beliefs - about money, self, etc - may be a big part in winning.

http://www.psychicjackpot.com/media.php

third article down(pdf)

Later

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2006, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I haven't read the article yet, but isn't that how telekenesis works?  People say they can move objects with their will, so why not numbers?  I'm not sure I buy this theory, because there are an awful lot of people who play a game.  So I imagine that, even if one does believe in "willing" the winning numbers, he would have a lot of competition and there would be a lot of mixed energy fields unless his power of suggestion is stronger than millions of others. Now I know that a pool buys a lot more tickets, but they do win a lot of jackpots. So maybe thinking about the winning numbers can have an effect. However, I don't think one man or woman could influence the outcome just by thinking about it. Hmm.. maybe I'll concentrate harder! I usually close my eyes and picture the numbers just before the FL website loads, but that's after the drawing, so instead of using my will it's only wishful thinking.

Smiley 

United States
      Member #40162
      May 28, 2006
      3 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2006, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

sounds bogus and a few screws are loose in their mind to think that a person can "will the number" to come in as winning pick.  PLEASSSEEEE.  Pick your lucky number, wait it out, try try again.  Be a bit humble.

ny
        United States
        Member #40152
        May 28, 2006
        77 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2006, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Hey kjsfriend,

In case you forgot, this is the MYSTICAL FORUM, for people who enjoy such discourse (which judging from your post you do not). Did you even read the article?

Be a bit humble? Are you kidding me? All I did was post a link.

Have a nice day.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31542 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2006, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Hey kjsfriend,

In case you forgot, this is the MYSTICAL FORUM, for people who enjoy such discourse (which judging from your post you do not). Did you even read the article?

Have a nice day.

interesting reading. a believer.

love to nibble those micey feet.

konane's avatar - wallace
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3351 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2006, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Hey kjsfriend,

Have a nice day.

I Agree!     Count me in, too. 

I believe what that person did was believe/will himself as a winner which enabled the rest to fall into place much more easily. 

From my personal experience it was easier to do back in the early to mid 90's but certainly not impossible to do today if someone sets their mind to it and keeps on keeping on. 

Also ignore the naysayers because there are plenty of those lurking around. 

Good luck to everyone!

ny
              United States
              Member #40152
              May 28, 2006
              77 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2006, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Hi JustXploring,

Yes, it definitely seems somewhat amazing to think one can will a number to hit. But then and again, the man in the article has had an above average success rate. I think he won every possible combo for CA lotto (ie 3/6, 4/6 5/6 6/6) as well as other smaller prizes.

In my life I have found that belief can make a big difference. I think with the lottery however, most of us subconsciously expect to lose. It's conditioned into us as we lose on a regular basis. Whether or not this has any effect on the actual numbers picked, who knows.

ny
                United States
                Member #40152
                May 28, 2006
                77 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2006, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Hey kjsfriend,

Have a nice day.

I believe what that person did was believe/will himself as a winner which enabled the rest to fall into place much more easily. 

From my personal experience it was easier to do back in the early to mid 90's but certainly not impossible to do today if someone sets their mind to it and keeps on keeping on. 

I dont know if it's one of those urban myths, but I remember hearing a story a while back about a semi famous radio deejay who declared he would win lottery, and everyone was like whatever. But the guy did go on to win the jackpot.

Just curious konane, why do you think it was easier to do 15 years ago?

konane's avatar - wallace
                  Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #1265
                  March 13, 2003
                  3351 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2006, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey kjsfriend,

Have a nice day.

I dont know if it's one of those urban myths, but I remember hearing a story a while back about a semi famous radio deejay who declared he would win lottery, and everyone was like whatever. But the guy did go on to win the jackpot.

Just curious konane, why do you think it was easier to do 15 years ago?

Time which we measure as a series of events has sped up.  I read recently that what was 24 hours in the early 90's has now sped up to around 16.5 ... it's all part of the vibration of the entire planet increasing along with our own spiritual vibrations.  Basically the "window into time" we looking into was a little wider back then.

Good luck to everyone!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                    Member #12618
                    March 18, 2005
                    2060 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2006, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

It may be possible, I'm not saying it isn't, but I think a person would have to be extremely well at blocking everything out and focusing alot of energy on trying to adjust the numbers.

I believe EZMoney (a lp member from a while back) "claimed" he could manipulate numbers. He ended up winning $100,000 in powerball. He probably was just lucky though. Here is the link to his winning ticket. If you look in his posting history you may be able to find where he claims he could manipulate numbers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: May 29, 2006, 3:07 am - IP Logged

Hi JustXploring,

Yes, it definitely seems somewhat amazing to think one can will a number to hit. But then and again, the man in the article has had an above average success rate. I think he won every possible combo for CA lotto (ie 3/6, 4/6 5/6 6/6) as well as other smaller prizes.

In my life I have found that belief can make a big difference. I think with the lottery however, most of us subconsciously expect to lose. It's conditioned into us as we lose on a regular basis. Whether or not this has any effect on the actual numbers picked, who knows.

I only didn't download the article because it is in .pdf format, but maybe I will anyway.  Some religions, like Christian Science, believe in changing your belief system to improve your health. This is very different, because they don't believe the malady was real to begin with, so you are not willing it away, you are only praying to raise your consciousness to a higher level of understanding.  Many people believe that collective thought can influence an entire community. So if you can use "mind over matter" to shrink tumors, why can't a person use his consciousness to imagine a lifestyle of plenty?  So maybe it's true that belief can influence and/or determine success, but I'm still not sure about the lottery.  But starting tomorrow I'm going to think about my numbers a lot more! But it's 3 in the morning now so I'll just count sheep!  (Gosh, at work they think I'm a space cadet but I can't get to sleep at night.)

Sleepy                           

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: May 29, 2006, 5:37 am - IP Logged

I can't explain in details but if you compare the output of a RNG with daily world events or your daily life, it just come up short, very short. If you wanted to assign a combination to every action we make and think, 6 numbers out of 80 (with 300 plus millions combinations) would not do it. Every action and thought has vast variations some been family of course and they're lots of distinct families. 6 numbers out of eighty will not make it, is more like 30 numbers out of 80 (you can imagine). This one will have chunks of families that you can see trends in, but to the tiniest particular detail you can not predict, primarily if you focus on separation. Very few people could tell you what you will do today, and succeed with luck. That's predicting powerball with 1 single tickets is nothing compare to when you say: "I was just thinking about a word while i was at the bookstore, I chose a random book, i open it in a random page, and there it was that peculiar word (if it has ever happened to you, though i doubt it)...What i am trying to say, is stuff like that, that one can not explain and it has to do with predicting random phenomena, i believe is "higher" interference...

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: May 29, 2006, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Hey,

What's going on. Figured I've been lurking around here long enough it's about time I joined the party.

I came across an interesting article about this extremely lucky man in Cali who won the lotto. Apparently, he just buys quickpicks, but "wills" the numbers to come out. Perhaps beliefs - about money, self, etc - may be a big part in winning.

http://www.psychicjackpot.com/media.php

third article down(pdf)

Later

Nice article.  Thanks for posting it.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser