Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball everyday...

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ryanm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: May 29, 2006, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

If Powerball continues to grow into other states do you think they will set it up so it plays everday or 5 times a week or they will just add numbers and increase the starting jackpot?What's wrong with a Powerball or megamillions playing everyday or 5 times a week? Would such a game prosper/survive?It they were true, it will be rolling over and over anyways. I wish they played it 5 times a week; I am sure it will be a different scenario. What you all think.

"More important than winning all of the states' lotteries, is the movie "Red Planet""...

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2006, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

One word : Overkill.

(insert signature here)

Morrison, IL
      United States
      Member #4657
      May 13, 2004
      1884 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2006, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, that should never happen.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Seems to me the states would head for the door.  Everyday powerball would gut the every day pick 5s.

As for the general  idea, I like it.  Prize sizes wouldn't be so high with draws six or seven days a week, but they'd probably be sufficiently large to be appealing for most people. 

It would be interesting to see Powerball or MM give it a run, not with the two existing jackpot games, but with another that came up from the seed as a daily, designed to fill a niche among lottery players who don't care for the daily draws available to them.

If one of them tried it they might find the game grew a bunch while the two-draw a week withered.  Which would be okay by me.

But if they did it, I'd far prefer to see a 6/59 or 7/something than another game with a bonus ball. 

Having said that, I'll also say I don't see it happening anytime.

Might be a better chance for one of them trying a daily Keno game.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2006, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I agree. It's never going to happen. I think twice a week if fine.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: May 29, 2006, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I sure don't want to see a pick6, 1-70 something game, jee! a game like that will be "creepy". I prefer a short game with bonus balls than a pick6, 1-70 something game. I feel that if they whim to increase the regular balls, that they lower the bonus balls. Presently the range of the bonus ball makes it a real sucker. What makes a game a real sucker [how much suction it creates] is the range of the bonus ball; how high it is. But my question is, if the powerball played 5 times a week, wouldn't it show more obvious patterns and trends, something that will entice players, and make it easier to match numbers more often, despite of any pre-testing they might do?

the only reason i may like a pick7 from something is if they gave money for matching 1 and 2 numbers and they didn't exceed the 1-45 limit. But before we jump into pick7, i believe that a powerball/mega-millions has its imperfections[you may not see it that way]. One of them, been that it doesn't give money for matching 1 or 2 numbers. Before you jump into another game, you first have to perfect your game, is my saying. And my most main concern, is not how much numbers they add, but the bonus balls range; they need to lower the bonus balls range down. But I will not go further, before i start getting paranoid with my conspiracy theory beliefs that the corporation doesn't research the impact that changing a game will have, they just add balls and pay more...

"More important than winning all of the states' lotteries, is the movie "Red Planet"" ...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10353 Posts
              Posted: May 29, 2006, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

The attraction of Powerball and Mega Millions are the larger jackpots. 

Increasing the frequency of the number of draws would mean lower jackpots paid out more refequently, if people still played. No days berween draws tends to diminsh the "hype-factor" too.

As far as a Pick 7 goes, I doubt many people here on lottery post would even play that.  Odds on the 5 + 1 games mentioned are astronomical enough already.

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: May 30, 2006, 5:38 am - IP Logged

But if it was played everyday though, imagine the amount of instant millionaires it would have created in 1 year(wish every state had its independent powerball). Guys, i don't know about you, but if you are hardworking person you will know that it will take you at least 20 years to become a millionaire by saving (depending how much you make), even if you were a doctor, it would take you 10 years. That's why i believe that lottos are like elevators, they can circumnvent/bypass using the stairs, in this case the stairs represent years of hard work. That's why i always say, that a powerball lotto will be good for third world countries, plus the money collected could go into funding education or a worthy cause. So a powerball lotto has its benefits. What would make a mega-million/powerball lotto even better, is if it gave money for matching 2 numbers, even if is 50 cents, and the 2nd prize [5 of 5] pay 325,000...But for/in a third world country, it should not be a pick6, 1-49 (definately), nor a pick5, 1-56 + pick1, 1-46, nor should it play 5 times a week (twice will be good), but instead should be a pick5, 1-47 + pick1, 1-26.  It should start pay around 7 million, and the jackpot should roll over incrementally by 3/4 million..I am starting to drift: )

"more important than winning all the states' lotteries, is the movie "Red Planet..""

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10353 Posts
                  Posted: May 30, 2006, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

You're assuming a daily winner when you mention the amount of instant millionaires created in one year, doesn't happen that way.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2006, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

i did a poll on this a while back.most were not in favor......

Morrison, IL
                      United States
                      Member #4657
                      May 13, 2004
                      1884 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged
                      You're assuming a daily winner when you mention the amount of instant millionaires created in one year, doesn't happen that way.

Yeah, Powerball would have a lot of low jackpot winners like it did in early 2005, and that turns away players. I remember after Powerball had the lucky string of eight jackpot winners under $50 million, its rollovers were so pathetic it took the game 12 rolls just to get over $100 million. Apparently, players would rather dream about winning than actually win.