Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I see Failure in the Horizon...

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 11 years ago by Badger.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Today i read that they came up with a new game in indiana, called: mix & match. Is a pick5 from 1 to 50? Each ticket costs 2 dollars, but you get 2 more tickets free. The jackpot is 200,000. A 4 of 5 tickets is 500 dollars and 3 of 5 is 10 dollars. It plays twice a week. I still can't understand the "combined lines section"...Jee!, who is going to get those numbers right, like 1-35 is not too much? But again, the hoosier lottery, they are so stingy.

I already see that game failing, not making it. Is 1-50, plus each ticket cost 2 dollars. What they don't know is that by raising the prize to 2 dollars, they are setting a limit to how much people can bet. The price of each tickets, tells how much people will bet. A game like that guarantees that 99.7 number of bets are going to be less than 20 dollars. If the game had been 1-28, then i would have said that is a great thing they did. You will have to be a fool to play such a game, the way it is...And not only that, they set the jackpot to be 200,000. If each ticket had cost 25 cents, and what you win is 50,000, then i would had said that is the typical State mentality . Just to prove that they just add numbers but they don't simulate or do  research. I sometimes wonder, whose ideas is that comes up with these games...What they need to do is come up with another pick6 game that guarantees starting jackpot of 3 million dollars, and increase by 500,000 each time the jackpot is not won...What you all think?

"more important than winning all of the states' lotteries, is the movie "Red Planet""....

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2006, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Welll you say you get three lines for $2.00.  (one ticker for $2 and two more free) That's $0.66/line.  That's probably about right for a 5/50 game, as long as they don't insist that the two free lines have to be quickpicks. That would eliminate a player's choices. But it sounds about right to me, especially for a six-figure JP.

We have a 5/31 game, but 4 of 5 only pays 50 bucks. The JP starts at 10K and will rollover, but it doesn't make it to six-figures very often. Also our game 3 of 5 pays 2 bucks, not ten bucks. So your new game sounds about right, considering the prize tiers. Remember, they don't design these games to lose money. It's all about making money.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.