Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

easy Lotteries Vs. Bank robbing....

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 2, 2006, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Guys, do you think that if there was a way to hit the lottery (any lotto game) very often, and it was common knowledge, that it would cut down on bank robbing, identity theft, scam, hacking, shoplifting, etc. Like if there was a way that you could hit pick3 (like a pick3 game with less combination) very often and it was obvious, that people will cut down on bad habits?If lotteries were easy, i think people will concentrate their energies into hitting the pick3. Think about it, for example who would rob a bank, if they knew the consequences could give you 20 years in prison. That can tell two things, the situation is bad or you want to be rich? And you all might say, that if you could hit the lottery often, then it would be robbing and not betting/gambling. I however don't see it that way, i see it more as making a bet or investment with low risk. You know they have investments with high risk. Depending on how high or low the risk may be, can something be classified as gambling...I also think that, if a lottery was easy, it could aid tourism...For example, if Thailand had a pick5, from 1-15, and the jackpot was 20,000, where if less than 5 players match the jackpot, they all receive 20,000, if is more they all share 100,000, and the 4of 5 pay 1500, the 3of 5 pay 65 dollars and it gave money for matching 2 numbers, I will want to move there, or visit the country as a tourist, who knows open up a small business...the flaw with this argument is that the same way it can help tourist, it could help terrorists, specially if the country is unstable or falls in the category of dangerous place not to live...

what do you all think?

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres"......it kills people and you can't see it.....                      ...from movie "Predator"....

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #22395
    September 24, 2005
    1583 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2006, 7:09 am - IP Logged

How about you give me $500 per week and I won't steal your ID?  That would be the same idea.  Pay the criminals NOT to be criminals.  Yeah, I think I am ALL FOR THAT!

I'll give you until the 3rd of June to pay up!

Wish you spent more time sleeping instead of thinking up all these inane questions.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2006, 8:03 am - IP Logged

Oh i forgot, some of you may not be.....

truecritic i am not going to go into details about posting, but lots of post, i see, i ask myself how could they post something like that, and yet they do it, things that are not interesting, that's why i don't post. Not everyone thinks or sees the world like you do...I am sure a post about who is the biggest powerball jackpot winner, will interest you;well not me, i consider it boring...Thanks for the post...If i knew everything i wouldn't be asking questions and opinions..Instead of relaxing you should help: )....

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres"......it kills people and you can't see it.....                      ...from movie "Predator"....

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49642 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2006, 8:25 am - IP Logged

If you want opinions to use in your Business:

Then you should inform folks:

That you are using their opinions in your Business:

And then Compensate them for said opinions...

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2006, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Guys, do you think that if there was a way to hit the lottery (any lotto game) very often, and it was common knowledge, that it would cut down on bank robbing, identity theft, scam, hacking, shoplifting, etc. Like if there was a way that you could hit pick3 (like a pick3 game with less combination) very often and it was obvious, that people will cut down on bad habits?If lotteries were easy, i think people will concentrate their energies into hitting the pick3.

I don't think this would stop most criminals. Some people are just bad and they do bad things. In my opinion the lottery wouldn't effect these people. Plus, the states are out to make money not help criminals curb their problems.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2006, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I thought this was a lottery discussion forum. I don't own no business nor will i ever do. I don't do bussiness. My disability prohibits me from owning a bussiness or working..And if i did, i sure will pay people for their opinion. I do research for personal use, and many times i do inform other people about my research findings, plus some of my findings i post them here in lottery post..I think if the lottery was easy, it would even help the homeless, and disabled people. I came to the U.S and didn't have nowhere to fall on, (no i am not an illegal) i was homeless for 5 years, and wouldn't wish it to nobody. And back then i wish the lottery (pick3)was easy so i could some money off of it every once in a while. I never did find a way to make money off of pick3. But today i am blessed, thanks to God. I sometimes wonder, that i was lucky i was in the U.S, but how about other homeless people or for that matter americans in third world countries or undeveloped countries that have it rough, and where is really rough. How about homeless people in Scandinavia, where is very cold almost year long...I am not saying you should live off the pick3, but to have an easy lottery for those that are not fortunate to find refuge for the mean time...I am judging but some people may not know what it is to live rough...Well that's how i feel..

"More important than winning all the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet".....

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
              United States
              Member #19651
              August 3, 2005
              621 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2006, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

loose slots work for a crowd

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2006, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Guys and don't tell me that there ain't no american (uhm, uhm) having hard troubles in third world countries...In my country of origin[i will not disclose which one is it] i've seen lots of american WOMEN (uhhm, uhm) on the streets begging...All this American Lost in the "Road to Perdition"....

Also, you know that anybody can surf the web, read the posts on this website for free, and gather intelligence and include it on their bussiness...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres".....it kills people and you can't see it....                        ......from movie "Predator"...

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: June 3, 2006, 1:45 am - IP Logged

No matter how easy you may want to set a pick3, the payout should be around 35 dollars for a 6-way box payout for 1 dollars. Why?Because you have to take into account one factor i call "the number of casualties"...by that i mean the number of people that must loose, to make 1 winner. If the payout is 35, that means that 35 people (assuming most people spend 1 dollar on the game) must lose in order to create 1 winner. If most people spend 2 dollars the amount of people that must lose is 17, if is 3, the amount is 11 and so on. That's why you should research what's average quantity 95% of players bet/spend on a game. I think L. corporations go by the existing wheels. I also feel that the 6-way box payout for 1 dollar should be 33% of the straight payout. Is just to discourage straight bets, the option is still available but is implicity discouraged. To start an easy lottery you must take into account the front pair, back pair, 3-way, etc and if you are not careful the game could "run dry"...That's way, the most important thing they must do before starting a easy pick3 or pick4 game is to record players' input, study them daily and weekly and with that intelligence gathered you "PERFORM SIMULATIONS": simulate and "EXTRAPOLATE" possible scenarios & payouts, simulate revenue and taxing, take into account what people mostly play on certain days & dates (i think you will need a supercomputer to do all this)..You also hire a team for wheel creation and "calcultion" for the game (is not an easy job, they will have to be honest people with values and get paid a lot)...
                  After that you set the odds to the right temperature/condition; just right...And at the inception of the game, you first start "frugal/stingily" and then you losen up some, and start adding options, etc...
                  You don't do this and you will have to end up cheating the game or corruptly changing the numbers or doing pre-testing as an excuse, or running your game dry...You have to check the "health" of the game.

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres"......it kills people and you can't see it....."           .....from movie "Predator".....

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2006, 2:42 am - IP Logged

pumpi76

First of all, You can post as often as you want to and talk about almost anything that you want to, so long as it is in some way, even in a small way, lottery related.

No problem with that.

As to the lotteries as they are at present, I am very sorry to say that they are in them to make money from them, both: Those who run and or own them and those who play them, but of course there is a difference, the house always wins and those who play those games, for the most part, part away from their money.

As T Barnum said "", Well, some of us know what he said.

There is also another saying about some people soon parting from their money, you might also know about that one.

I also wish that lotteries were a real charity as you would have them be.

We can always dream. there is nothing wrong with that.

It was said "Ask and it shall be given", let us hope so.

Ask whatever you want to, you might get an answer or you might not, or the answer might not be what you want to hear, but asking is free, it does not cost anything.

We all need something to do, so long as it is legal and keeps you busy, keep on trucking.

Somebody will always read your posts here and sometimes you will even get answers to your questions.

Have a very nice weekend.

Fernando.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2006, 2:49 am - IP Logged

You can't earn a living playing the lottery. At best it's an expensive hobby. The lottery is the biggest money making scam ever invented. Not for the player but for the lottery maker bookie. the state is acting as the bookie. the states are raking in billions.

Many players are no where near breaking even. Some of the folks here on lottery post might give the impression they are making money off playing the lottery. Some people might hit once in a while but gambling has a way of working two ways, loosing days, and winning days.

People think because they won some money playing the lottery that they can continue winning money playing the lottery. Those people are few and far between. Many people might win 5 grand and spend 20 grand trying to win again.  

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2006, 11:32 am - IP Logged

also to start an easy lottery, you need to simulate how your game will fare after what i call "strategic attacks" [see if it can withstand it], number of attacks if total amount of players is certain amount, and then when it begins to grow. You also need to simulate how the game will fare if the total amount of players is let's say 40K, how it will fare if is 60k, and so on [i call it the population]...Simulate the percentage of strategic attacks beginning from 0% up to 100%..And very important, simulate how the game will fare if it took only strategic attacks...Simulate which attacks are more letal, and simulate how the game will fare if it took from 0% lethal attacks to 100% lethal attacks; same thing with the not lethal and not so lethal attacks...The amount betted in lethal attacks is another factor that needs to be tested, from 1 dollar to a huge sum...You need to test the the maximun capacity the game can carry/hold [sort of like a ship]...You need to simulate how the game will fare if it took from 0% to 100% "straight" bets, and the bets were correct...All these possible scenarios you must take into account and simulate..You just don't start an easy lottery just like that...You just don't wake up one morning and say "i think i'll start a lottery"..Because if you came up 1 dollar "short" just one day, you would be in trouble..I am sure that 99.9% of lotteries don't do this, even if online lottos were legal here in the U.S, i feel they just base their payouts on existing wheels...You may wander why i write this if online lottos are illegal?This is a very public forum perhaps read by people from other countries. At least they can read this..Who knows someone somewhere outside the U.S may want to start one, anything is possible..It doesn't have to be an online lotto it could be a free online lotto..

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres"........it kills people and you can't see it......"            ......from movie "Predator"....