Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Canadian 6+1 game

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 10 years ago by tungsten chef.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Would you like to see it happen?

Yes [ 4 ]  [50.00%]
No [ 3 ]  [37.50%]
Won't guess [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 8 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2006, 9:39 am - IP Logged

I thought I read some time ago that Canada was planning a 6/49 + 1/10 jackpot game, where you get three plays for $3 (you wouldn't be able to play a single game.) I'd like to hear of C$100 million jackpots, which of course would be lump sum and tax-free.

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: June 3, 2006, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

If Canada wants to win a jackpot for 6/49+1/10, my vote is yes.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

They would have to dump Super 7 if they do that. I could only see them doing it if they dump Super 7 and giving two tickets for the new game. Considering they haven't had any new games in a long time but did change the ticket price I doubt they will make any changes soon.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2006, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

They would have to dump Super 7 if they do that. I could only see them doing it if they dump Super 7 and giving two tickets for the new game. Considering they haven't had any new games in a long time but did change the ticket price I doubt they will make any changes soon.

As I said above, it would be three plays for C$3. With the current Super 7, AFAIK some provinces allow players to choose ALL the numbers, but others automatically give you two quick picks within the three games.

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2006, 11:10 am - IP Logged

That would be good if they get $1 in regular picks and $2 in quick picks. Normally, quick picks will have a little better chance of winning a jackpot.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #2338
            September 17, 2003
            2063 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2006, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

I know for a fact that in BC you can choose the numbers for all three for super 7. Tried to win the recent run up that it had but failed. Evidently I'm not from Quebec so don't qualify for any prizes.

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: July 13, 2006, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to participants who play in Super 7. When does Super 7 usually draw?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: July 13, 2006, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Once a week on Friday. Now it's at 10 million but I don't bother until it hits $30M.

For 6/49 I'd go if it's over 20 and I have time. 

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2006, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Do you ever get hassled at the border? I haven't been to Canada since before 9/11.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #2338
                    September 17, 2003
                    2063 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2006, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I don't fly so it's not as bad plus I have a passport. They have a boat that's almost as fast as flying a small aircraft there. Takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. Not fast but there is none of the usual hassle of going through an airport. They do go through luggage though to make sure no funny business goes on though.

Driving there would be a pain since the delay is 2 hours usually and they can randomly disassemble cars. Flying would be the usual hassle of flying anywhere anymore.  Canada doesn't allow people convicted of DUI's in or felons. At least from what I'm aware of.

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
                      kent, washington
                      United States
                      Member #3509
                      January 26, 2004
                      465 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't fly so it's not as bad plus I have a passport. They have a boat that's almost as fast as flying a small aircraft there. Takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. Not fast but there is none of the usual hassle of going through an airport. They do go through luggage though to make sure no funny business goes on though.

Driving there would be a pain since the delay is 2 hours usually and they can randomly disassemble cars. Flying would be the usual hassle of flying anywhere anymore.  Canada doesn't allow people convicted of DUI's in or felons. At least from what I'm aware of.

now you are talking to a canadian junkie. i will be starting going through withdrawal pains in about 2 weeks. my last canadian ticket will run out. Cryingi have the time to run up and get another ticket or do i have the money.

i am not from quebec either but i have a super 7 ticket from quebec that i have to check in a little while. so if the last winner was from quebec and they have not come forward it may be me. Sun Smiley if not let the losing continue.

i play in bc 99.9 percent of the time. a friend of mine went to quebec and got me a long term ticket there. i haven't check my ticket because i just wait until it runs out before i check it. trust me i will be checking it. i hope they as honest about paying out of province/country people as the wonderful people in BC are. i just got my $10 canadian check from them yesterday and it is in my bank already. heck i lose more than i win but i don't care except when i am broke.

you mentioned about playing super 7 on three lines. you are correct about that. you can pick the first line and let the machine pick the next 2. that is how i like to play because just too many numbers to pick. arrrrrrrrhhhh. i did pick all the numbers when i first started going up there but i don't do it anymore.

i don't know where you cross into canada at but NEVER NEVER NEVER let them know that you went to canada to play the lotto there. i made that mistake and the border guard was nice enough to let me through without confiscating the ticket from me.  i never let them know i bought a ticket. there is a federal law on the book about buying lotto tickets from another country and bringing them here. i am no lawyer but the lawyers out there can probably tell you. so never tell.

i would love to see a 100 million dollar jackpot in canada. heck i would be up there once it went to 50 million to get me a ticket. man all that money canadian all at one time. BABY I WOULD BE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE. mind you all that i would do would be legal. i just like to have fun.

100,000,000 US Dollar = 112,921,000 Canadian Dollar
                      100,000,000 Canadian Dollar (CAD) = 88,557,487 US Dollar (USD)  once the canadian lotto hit 112 million and i was the only winner. i would hire some fancy ass lawyers to keep the money in canada and live down here. oh yeah. ok i need to shut up now. as you can see i love to play in canada. last year my biggest single hit on the lotto games from the 6\49 for $146 canadian. oh canada.

last thought dvdiva where do you cross over to get your ticket. i like boat rides. i know i have a big mouth.

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: August 24, 2006, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

By 2008 all US residents visiting Canada (and "versa vice") will need to carry a passport. I wonder how much of a hassle it will be crossing the border by car.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                          Member #2338
                          September 17, 2003
                          2063 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2006, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

By car can be brutal depending on the wait. Usually it's  a 2+ hour wait assuming they don't want to disassemble your car.

I personally think it's about time Super 7 gets switched with a 5+2, 5+1, or 6+1 game with higher odds. Only reason why Super 7 had a big run up recently was Canada used up all the bonus money on it. Currently 6/49 gets better jackpots with lower odds even without a bonus round propping it up. 

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
                            Winnipeg
                            Canada
                            Member #14974
                            May 7, 2005
                            3639 Posts
                            Posted: August 27, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

in 1983 i was charged with an offense after i took my dad's car. i got 6 months probation with a conditional discharge. i figured i had no criminal record. after running the marathon in chicago 3 times and philadelphia, once, i entered the tennessee marathon in 1999. this time at the airport the dude checked me out and found that i had a charge of "theft over 5000$", which was the 1983 incident. made it sound a lot nastier, but of course i couldn't explain to them it was dad's car. 1 fellow working for the u s customs took me aside, made me fill out papers, what have you.time was becoming a factor, i had a feeling i wouldn't be going. the customs officer told me, " i think you're a good guy, but the supervisor is here, theres nothing i can do".i took my 600$ plane ticket, threw it in the garbage. never tried getting back in the u s again. especially after 9/11, i thought no use trying now, it's gonna be so strict.

a couple years ago, i applied for a pardon for job purposes. go down to the cop shop and the woman tells me i don't have a record!! 1 minute the u s is telling me i got 1, the next minute canada is saying i don't. the pardon was out, now i was to apply for an "exoneration". get the letter back 6 months later from the RCMP office and they just tell me my file's in archives, it's so old. no exoneration, no pardon??

i've found out now that just because i wasn't convicted for the crime, it's the charges that will remain on the u s computer for the rest of my life. even if i get a u s pardon, the info will still be there. seems kind of stupid that they would still go on something that ocurred more than 20 years ago. i can see if it was murder or something really drastic, yeah have it on file. it should be wiped out. i can go to any other country in the world without a problem except the u s. anyone care to comment. maybe i don't see the whole picture.