Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pick 3,4 vs lottery

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
chicago
United States
Member #34162
February 28, 2006
315 Posts
Posted: June 3, 2006, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering something.How many of you play lotto and play pick 3,4.For example,in my state for lotto,chance to hit something will looks like this :

SECOND PRIZE:1:36,881$1,000*
Match five of the six numbers in any order   
THIRD PRIZE:1:656$33*
Match four of the six numbers in any order
and for little lotto:
SECOND PRIZE:1:3,387$100
Match four winning numbers in one game grid.   
THIRD PRIZE:1:103$10
Match any three winning numbers in one game grid.

so my point is why to play little lotto or lotto,if you have much better chance to hit,pick 4 box then hitting 4 numbers in little lotto.Has anyone notice this in your state?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: June 3, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

The elusive jackpot on a solid hit , five for five, or six fo six, is too tempting for a lot of people.

In Illinois the prizes for a close hit are insults, miss the lotto by one and a prize that would have been over $2,000,000 turns into less than $1,000, whoop tee doo.

I'd really like to see Litle Lotto reveryt back to 5/30 with a constant $200,000 jackpot and aggregate prizes for 3 and 4 hits, sure paid better than $10 and $100.  

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 3, 2006, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering something.How many of you play lotto and play pick 3,4.For example,in my state for lotto,chance to hit something will looks like this :

and for little lotto:

so my point is why to play little lotto or lotto,if you have much better chance to hit,pick 4 box then hitting 4 numbers in little lotto.Has anyone notice this in your state?

I play only Powerball, though I've only recently ceased playing New Mexico Road Runner pick 5 (5/34).  If I were in a state with a pick 5 I trusted I'd play it.

I play jackpot games because I think I stand a better shot at getting a decent win from it than from pick 3 and pick 4.  I don't consider the odds to be a significant factor in winning and losing.  If I did, I wouldn't play pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, or Powerball.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
        United States
        Member #19651
        August 3, 2005
        621 Posts
        Posted: June 3, 2006, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

never won pick 3 or 4 pay power ball as hedge (set ofquick picks and  my #s ) played ga 666 for year 0 wins

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: June 4, 2006, 7:19 am - IP Logged

and for little lotto:

I play only Powerball, though I've only recently ceased playing New Mexico Road Runner pick 5 (5/34).  If I were in a state with a pick 5 I trusted I'd play it.

I play jackpot games because I think I stand a better shot at getting a decent win from it than from pick 3 and pick 4.  I don't consider the odds to be a significant factor in winning and losing.  If I did, I wouldn't play pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, or Powerball.

Jack

i agree jack.can't trust computerized draws.i think you'd have a lot of fun playing and watching the ball drawings on the pick 5 here.i once had the first 4 numbers drawn and waiting for that fifth ball i crossed my fingers but the last ball drawn was a 12 and i think i had a 14.so close.........

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: June 4, 2006, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Mike:

I was reading on the PA site the other day about something they do there.  Seems they broadcast 'simulated' draws.......  I think I've read where they do that on other lotteries, as well.

So maybe now that a person can 'watch the draw', even though the numbers are coming out of a computer and the images a person's watching exist only in the imagination of God, heck Mike, maybe now they're more trustworthy.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser