Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying & Mailing Out Lottery Tickets?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26368
November 17, 2005
7 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2006, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone:

I have a suggestion; why not set up a program where people who live in Powerball or Megamillions state can buy lottery tickets for people who live in a state that doesn't have that game? For example, I live in Illinois and we have the Megamillions game and don't have the Powerball and thus if I wanted to play the Powerball game, I can easily get it from someone how lives in Indiana or Wisconsin and they can buy the ticket and mail it to me. All I have to do is send them money. Why not employ this idea? Of course, it would have to be on the honor system and you just have to trust that once you give the money to someone, they will honor the agreement by buying tickets for you and mailing them back to you. 

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2006, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone:

I have a suggestion; why not set up a program where people who live in Powerball or Megamillions state can buy lottery tickets for people who live in a state that doesn't have that game? For example, I live in Illinois and we have the Megamillions game and don't have the Powerball and thus if I wanted to play the Powerball game, I can easily get it from someone how lives in Indiana or Wisconsin and they can buy the ticket and mail it to me. All I have to do is send them money. Why not employ this idea? Of course, it would have to be on the honor system and you just have to trust that once you give the money to someone, they will honor the agreement by buying tickets for you and mailing them back to you. 

It is illegal that is why.  This has been discussed in one form or another at least 4 times in recent months.  Nothing having to do with a lottery can be sent by mail.  UPS and FedEx also abide by this law.  This includes money in any form or tickets.  This is federal law.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2006, 1:56 am - IP Logged

I don't think Todd would set something up like that. Of course I'm not speaking on his behalf, I just don't think he would do that. Plus like Califdude said it is illegal.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8364 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2006, 2:14 am - IP Logged

look to your left click powerball

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States