Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball for 25 cents...

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2006, 4:39 am - IP Logged

Would you play powerball if it was offered for 25 cents. What if it cost 25 cents and they paid 25% of what the powerball starting jackpot is....Would you still play it?Guys, i am not talking mostly in the U.S but more like in a third world country?Will it fare well?All the prizes would be 25% of payouts...I don't know how it will work for the lowest prizes since 25% of 4 dollars is $ 1.00 and 25% of 3 is like 75 cents....

Question, if the powerball cost 25 cents will the odds still be 146,000,000? or will it be 25% of that?

Even though a game like that may or may not be appealing because the jackpot is not too much,  at 25 cents each ticket, the game gives more power to people for the 1 dollar bet....Who has opinion...

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres"................you can't see it............and it skins them....................                      from movie "Predator".............

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2006, 8:16 am - IP Logged

i'd play for a quarter.who wouldn't?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10345 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2006, 9:05 am - IP Logged

A lotto from a third world country? Where, Nigeria? (A lot of scams come out of Nigeria, including lottery ones). 

No thanks pumpi76, I wouldn't trust any such offer from any third world country.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49657 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2006, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Time for a Reality Check: They won't be offering Power Ball Tickets at a reduced price for a reduced Jackpot!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree that they wouldn't offer a reduced price for a reduced jackpot when they make what they are making now. What would be the point?

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: June 5, 2006, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

i said that because, i've notice that in the U.S people are more carefree to spend 1 dollar [just 1 dollar]. In the 4 countries i've visited and temporarily lived, i noticed that people are more hard/stingy to spend 1 dollar. If this happens then who is going to play the powerball for 1 dollar? Not many people...I am not looking at the payout price but more at if it will fare well in these countries. When i think about all this one question comes to mind. Before they created Powerball, did it ever cross their minds to offer it for 25 or 50 cents..How did they selected the prize..I came accross some bogus website trying to offer Powerball for 25 cents, but i think they were scams..I bet if onlin lottos were legal, they would have offered Powerball for 25 cents..

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: June 5, 2006, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Powerball isn't sold in third world countries nor will it be. Far too much political instability and corruption for any lottery to work in 90+% third world countries.

If anything multistate games would move to $2 tickets like Canadian games. 

Honduras
                Member #20982
                August 29, 2005
                4715 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2006, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Yeah i agree with you diva, the corruption. I've talked about it before..If funny, that 25% powerball is like 3 million, imagine now one that's 50 million? But what about scratchoffs? Scratchoffs are impartial and guarantee less corruption than ball lotteries...

"...................Remember...............if a robot can't make it, your mom can't make it..................................from movie "Red Planet......"

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: June 5, 2006, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

diva, if powerball went for 2.00 they WILL NOT make it....Over there in Canada there are a little more.......the population of canada is not that of the US......

.........."Remember..............if a robot can't make your mom can't make it.....................from movie "Red Planet".......

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 5, 2006, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

I think a multi-state lottery with .25 tickets and a cash-only, as advertised jackpot of 1/8th 'normal' (annuity deceptions) would probably sell ten times as many tickets as the 1 buck tickets with deceptive trade practices.

Just an opinion.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: June 5, 2006, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76 it seem like no matter what the game is your bent on changing the payout structure the style the matrix or whatever for some reason.

games in the us are fixed at the set price if anything they will cost more to play. A can of soda cost a buck. even most homeless people can scrounge up a buck to play if their so inclined to.