Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prime Ticket Service in June

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Calif
United States
Member #22154
September 20, 2005
16 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2006, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Is anyone else experiencing credit card issues w/ Prime Ticket Service?  As you'll recall, the otherwise reliable PTS had a whole slew of problems processing credit card transactions a few months ago and a great deal of us were unable to use their service for several weeks.

I thought that was over, but I have been having the exact same decline problems again for a week now.  I have checked with my bank (which issues the very same credit card I've been using at PTS all this time) to see if they were declining the charges for some reason and they informed me, just like they did the last time this happened, that they do not put restrictions on my card.  They do not have any rules against using the card for lotteries and they do not have any restrictions on charges for the card being issued in foreign countries.

Anyone else?  I'm just curious to see if this is again a system wide issue or if perhaps this time it just me.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23353 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2006, 8:01 am - IP Logged

I have always had intermittent problems because of my credit card company and their stupid restrictions.  Do you mind if I ask you which card company you use?  If you don't want to post it in the public forums, could you send me a PM?  I'd love to have a credit card that has no restrictions at all.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2006, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Is it Bank of America? Either they don't even bother charging BOA cards or BOA is getting a head start on the gambling ban. I agree about the no restrictions. I would also like a card that has no restrictions. BOA was one of the first to ban tobacco sales so the first to ban routine wouldn't surprise me.

As far as trust. Prime Ticket is fully trustworthy. The issue is only about their payment system. 

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23353 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2006, 10:31 am - IP Logged

FYI, "aboutme" is the same person who I've had to get rid of a number of times, signing up under different identities.  They are an anti-lottery troll looking to create trouble on Lottery Post.  I've deleted their message posted here, for anyone wondering what happened to it.

Calif
          United States
          Member #22154
          September 20, 2005
          16 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2006, 3:49 am - IP Logged

I have always had intermittent problems because of my credit card company and their stupid restrictions.  Do you mind if I ask you which card company you use?  If you don't want to post it in the public forums, could you send me a PM?  I'd love to have a credit card that has no restrictions at all.

Todd, it's a Mastercard check card linked directly to my checking account, so technically it's not a credit card.  Perhaps that's why my bank has told me they don't put any restrictions on what I may purchase?  It's Union Bank of CA.  And, yes, there are plenty of funds in the account.

Melbourne
            Australia
            Member #3717
            February 14, 2004
            41 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2006, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I too had credit card problems with PTS a while back.  I sent them a number of emails, but the problems just wouldn't seem to go away and in the end I gave up.  (Strangely enough, the problems started with my credit card, after which I used my wife's and then that started to play up as well).

Calif
              United States
              Member #22154
              September 20, 2005
              16 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2006, 4:30 am - IP Logged

So, we're coming to the end of June this week, and I have not been able to use betslips all month.  I'd become a loyal customer of their's.  I looked at my account history on their site and I've played at least two games every week for the past 3 mos.  Now, I am still locked out no matter which (out of 6 different cards) credit card I attempt to use on their site.

Now if it it were just one or two of my cards I might be able to believe the problem was from my end, but now that every single card is getting declined regardless of the fact that each has limits in the range of $2000-6000 with near zero balances on all of them. 

This is more than deja vu, this seems just like the same thing that happened several mos ago.

Am I really alone here or is is anyone else shut out?  I'm sure many more of us would be playing EuroMillions right now if only we could.

Todd, I imagine that you have a contact at PTS.  Perhaps you can let them know that they have loyal customers who want to use their service but are simply unable to because of their credit card processors.  I noticed that when I last attempted to place an order today they now have two different cc processors listed - AG GUYS (which I had no problem w/) and a new one.  I'm assuming it's this new one that is declining the charges.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23353 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2006, 9:45 am - IP Logged

CalifBoy,

I don't know all the details, but I do know that PTS had some kind of problems with their credit card processor (or maybe it's a bank, I don't know), and they are bringing a new processor online.  It has been frustrating for me as well, because they are the only quality service I have found that has access to UK Lotto and Euro Millions.  My recommendation is to keep checking in over there periodically (as I do myself), and one of these days it will go through.