Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Seeking Interview With Lotto Winners

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
chapel hill, NC
United States
Member #40812
June 7, 2006
2 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2006, 10:41 am - IP Logged

DID YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW WIN WON A LARGE SUM OF MONEY WITH A GROUP OR ALONE.

THEN  PLEASE CONTACT ME.

I AM A BROADCAST PRODUCER WITH WUNC-FM IN NC AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR GUEST FOR  WHO HAVE FOUND THAT WINNING THE LOTTO DID NOT IMPROVE THEIR LIVES AS THEY WISHED. WE ARE ALSO SEEKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT EXPERIENCE ANY MAJOR DRAMA OR SIGNIFICANT MISFORTUNE AFTER WINNING. THE POTENTIAL GUEST MUST BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN THEIR EXPEREINCES VIVIDLY TO OUR LISTENERS.

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL ASAP AT AWOODLEY@mail.wuncfm.unc.edu

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.WUNC.ORG AND CLICK THE STORY WITH DICK GORDON.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

ANTIA

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
    Member #15309
    May 13, 2005
    307 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2006, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

WHAT???  CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2006, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I AM A BROADCAST PRODUCER WITH WUNC-FM IN NC AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR GUEST(S) FOR  WHO HAVE FOUND THAT WINNING THE LOTTO DID NOT IMPROVE THEIR LIVES AS THEY WISHED.

WE ARE ALSO SEEKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT EXPERIENCE(D) ANY MAJOR DRAMA OR SIGNIFICANT MISFORTUNE AFTER WINNING. THE POTENTIAL GUEST(S) MUST BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN THEIR EXPEREINCES VIVIDLY TO OUR LISTENERS.

PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL ASAP AT AWOODLEY@mail.wuncfm.unc.edu

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.WUNC.ORG AND CLICK THE STORY WITH DICK GORDON.

Sounds as though you're really after an unbiased look at lottery issues.

Maybe some future show you can find guests from states where lottery money's been used to improve public education.

I AM A BROADCAST PRODUCER WITH WUNC-FM IN NC AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR GUEST(S) who live in states with lotteries who are able to construct sentences with singular and plural pronouns in agreement.  We are also looking for guests who can construct sentences with past-tense verbs in agreement with the remainder of the sentence. 

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: June 7, 2006, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

"Maybe some future show you can find guests from states where lottery money's been used to improve public education".

Green laughGreen laugh

You(re) killin(g) me Jack !!

DD

reddog's avatar - patch
          Greensboro, North Carolina
          United States
          Member #1616
          June 5, 2003
          1283 Posts
          Posted: June 7, 2006, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

This is embarressing. Embarassed  A fellow North Carolinian doesn't use spell check.

United States
            Member #15309
            May 13, 2005
            307 Posts
            Posted: June 7, 2006, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Spellcheck?  It will take more than a spellcheck.

reddog's avatar - patch
              Greensboro, North Carolina
              United States
              Member #1616
              June 5, 2003
              1283 Posts
              Posted: June 7, 2006, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

LOL.  All I can say is try not too judgemental. We are talking about a small time broadcast company. Now if it had been WRAL-TV5 then we would have had something there. ROFL

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5114 Posts
                Posted: June 7, 2006, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

LOL.  All I can say is try not too judgemental. We are talking about a small time broadcast company. Now if it had been WRAL-TV5 then we would have had something there. ROFL

wunc:

"WHAT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>..........I think????????????????

reddog:

is.........TRY'g..........to say>>>>>>>>>>>>>maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WELCOME too>>>>>>>LOTTERY POST

...................&&&&&&&&& STAY Tuned-in-LP!

LOL>>>>>>>play some QUICK-PICK$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO 

United States
                  Member #15309
                  May 13, 2005
                  307 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2006, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Reddog, I was not referring to her grammar at all.  No sir.  I was more concerned why she had to shout, as though people are deaf.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2006, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

reddog:

There's nothing to be judgemental about.  The use of poor grammar and bad spelling for most posts is just a matter of carelessness, or sometimes might well be deliberate.

The difference on this one's that the person either knew, but figured we wouldn't care, or didn't know and holds a position of some responsibility in some broadcasting business where written communications are part of the job.

Either way it's troublesome.

I was tongue-in-cheek in pointing at NC as somehow unique.  Not long ago a person could spot phony spam scam by the lousy English they used.  That hasn't changed for the better, but what has changed is that legitimate emails from financial institutions, publishers, etc., are now full of miss-spelled words and poor grammar, too.

Maybe it's of no consequence, but I hate to see the passing of the king's English as a tool for formal written communications.

Jack 

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2006, 2:11 am - IP Logged

I Agree!    I totally agree, Jack.  Journalists should be held to a higher standard.  Sometimes I am shocked when I watch the 11:00 news. I actually heard an anchorwoman reporting on a hit and run saying "the guy took off by foot after being chased by police."  I use "guy" all the time, but I sat in front of the television stunned. I think she could have chosen the suspect, the thief or the perpetrator...but "the guy??"  I'm not convinced the use of poor grammar online is carelessness or even intentional. I used to complain frequently about bad grammar or misspelling, but I have educated friends who, for the sake of brevity, write very quickly when communicating online and make terrible mistakes.  We're all in a rush and typing takes time. I'm certainly not making any excuses, but I spend 9 hours a day typing on a computer at work, so the last thing I want to do at 2AM is check and recheck my sentence structure when sending a friendly email to somebody or posting on a board.  I do have some pet peeves, however.  Some of them are it's instead of its ---  you're instead of your ---  could of done, would of shown, should of been..the word is "have" not "of."  Of is a preposition, like the Queen of England.  Yet I've reread many of my emails and posts and they are loaded with grammatical blunders and typographical errors. Then I blush and all I can say is "Oops!"

However, if you ever see me write "I should of went" somewhere, I give you permission to shoot me. Wink