Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Know The value of your Tickets

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by MrBobb.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #35590
March 20, 2006
185 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2006, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Yesterday I went in to turn in my tickets from the last two drawings. I turned in 8 slips each having 5 set of numbers....the total winning amount  was to be $300.00. Afte checking my tickets....the clerk told me it was $272......now I know I did not fail math in school....I was what you call a late bloomer....so I insisted that he check it again....then he said "oh it was $300.00."

So the lesson is always know definitivly the amount you are turning in........I assume the best in people so it was probably a machine error in not reading one of the slips and not an attempt to get a quick $28 on his part.

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
    Member #15309
    May 13, 2005
    307 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2006, 11:54 am - IP Logged

That is so true.  Had a similar experience.  Handed clerk my winning ticket, knowing fully well  I won the whopping sum of $12 bucks!  She handed me $3.00 instead.  Well, how low can she go!

Another time, I bought $5.00 worth of tickets and handed the clerk $20.00.  He hastily gave me the tickets and $10.00 change.  He, faster than a speeding bullet, left the counter and pretended to mop the floor.  I called him back and told him to give me the right change.  He feigned ignorance!  Wow, how cheap can one get. 

It so happened that these 2 clerks come from the same nationality.  And that is why I am getting more and more prejudiced - not because of the color of their skin, but because of their lack of integrity.  Call me irrational, but that's how stereotypes develop.  Needless to say, I never went to those stores again.

Alabama
      United States
      Member #17830
      June 27, 2005
      309 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2006, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Whenever I cash tickets that are worth more than $20 or so, I carry photocopies of the tickets with me and place the copies on the counter as I cash the tickets.   If a ticket has multiple winning lines, I use a red pen to circle the winning numbers on each line of the photocopied ticket and write the amount each line has won.

Also, if I have multiple tickets that are winners, I cash them one at a time - I never hand over a fist full of tickets to any clerk. I also tell the clerk that I checked the ticket and tell them what it's worth.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >>