Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone using Gail Howard's system for Powerball-

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nevada
United States
Member #33313
February 19, 2006
79 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2006, 10:38 am - IP Logged

Hi-

For those of you using Gail's system for Powerball the bias on Odd/Even is Even + 17. That is amazing- Are you going to play all odd numbers? If you don't mind me asking?

Thanks-

Koda

Nevada
    United States
    Member #33313
    February 19, 2006
    79 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2006, 10:57 am - IP Logged

I should clarify, I am talking about white balls only-

Thanks again!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2006, 11:11 am - IP Logged

If there've been more even numbers than odd numbers in the latest drawings, why would you want to play all odd numbers?  I don't use Gail Howard's software but I did notice that in the 80 drawings since the matrix change, only 185 of the 400 white balls have been odd numbers and in the last 4 drawings even numbers were ahead 20 to 4, as a matter of fact the drawing for 06/07 was all even numbers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Nevada
        United States
        Member #33313
        February 19, 2006
        79 Posts
        Posted: June 15, 2006, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

It is a short term lotto trend. You look at the past 5 draws.  They have been 21 Even and 4 Odd. That is way out of balance, you play anticipating the restoring of the balance. This week there have been 2 draws that have had 5 Even/0 Odd. That does not happen very often. This is the first time for this Even +17 bias. That is why I was asking for other people's opinions. It is probably worth the gamble to play more odd or all odd numbers for the white balls. 

What do you think- Have I explained it well enough?

Koda 

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: June 15, 2006, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Hi Koda3535,

Fancy meeting you over here! I would definintely play more odds but not all. At least 3,though,and maybe a few lines with 4. And I'd probably play them for the next few drawings since sometimes they don't immediately show up in the next draw. Just my 2 cents!!

Nevada
            United States
            Member #33313
            February 19, 2006
            79 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2006, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! I think I will take your adviceSmile.  I appreciate your input-

Koda

oklahoma city,ok
              United States
              Member #41372
              June 15, 2006
              1 Posts
              Posted: June 15, 2006, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Hi...Gail Howard is not a big fan of "Mega" or "Powerball" type lotteries. She like lotteries with more ground to earth odds...like Il linois Little Lotto...who wouldn,t mind a 100K windfall

Nevada
                United States
                Member #33313
                February 19, 2006
                79 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2006, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Hello- I know Gail is clear about the odds of winning Powerball and Mega Millions. But she explains the best chance to win it  in her book and her advantage plus software. That is how I know the bias is so high. It is her tip in her book to play all odd or even if the bias is in the high teens or 20's.    

United States
                  Member #119
                  February 19, 2002
                  527 Posts
                  Posted: June 15, 2006, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Koda, you well understand Gail's strategies and software.  Kudos to you. 

To me the central issue is why 97.5% of lotto players "accept" a number field as huge as PB or MM that makes sensible strategies and theories difficult to apply.  (Is the answer "greed" or the illusory hope that 55 numbers is 'not really that big'?)

If we all boycotted PB and MM for one lousy month or even longer the structure of these games would change.  Withholding money talks!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19816 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2006, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Are there any lotteries out with $50M+ jackpots that can be won using an easy sensible strategy or theory?  The easier they are to win the lower the jackpot amounts are when they are won.  The PowerBall jackpot got to $100M without me buying any tickets and probably MegaMillions could do the same but I'm too "greedy" to let that happen since I can buy tickets locally.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2006, 1:32 am - IP Logged

I don't follow the even/odd theory because in the grand scheme of things, it may be unbalanced now, and for the next few games, but will eventually change.

Just as now we see a ton of 3/2 games (3 numbers chosen under 28, 2 numbers chosen over 27) - it's unbalanced in that we have not seen many 2/3 games like we should.  The last 2/3 was on 4/12/2006, and since then we have seen 11 3/2 games.

Anyone else notice this ?

Nevada
                        United States
                        Member #33313
                        February 19, 2006
                        79 Posts
                        Posted: June 16, 2006, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Hi-

The bias on the high low- is L+9. But that is not high enough for me to just play high numbers.  This Even +17 has never happened before. It is way out of balance. It will balance itself out. It could be through several drawings of 3 Odd/2 even or 5 Odd/0 Even or 4 Odd/ 1 Even. That is the gamble.

Greg, I understand what you are saying. I would rather play Cash 5- 5/32. But this scenerio is interesting to me.

I will at least play more odd numbers than even this sat.

Good luck to everyone! 

Nevada
                          United States
                          Member #33313
                          February 19, 2006
                          79 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2006, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Guesser-

I hope you played 4/1 wb on Powerball last night and won. It was 4 odd and 1 even.

Best of luck-

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                            Member #41383
                            June 16, 2006
                            1969 Posts
                            Posted: June 24, 2006, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't have enough data yet to 'force' me to play even/odd numbers.

When I say 3/2 or 4/1, I mean I pick 3 numbers under number 28 (1 to 27), and 2 numbers over number 27 (28 to 55), or 4 under and 1 over, or 1 under and 4 over is a 1/4.

I pick numbers based on when the last time they hit - meaning, AS AN EXAMPLE - for tonight's game, numbers 25, 32 and 38 have not hit in exactly 14 games, so what is the odds of two of those numbers hitting ?  All 3 ??    And I just progress thru all the numbers, with my theory being multiple numbers from the same 'old' game won't hit at the same time, although it DOES happen from time to time.

Another example is the numbers from this past Wednesday's game - 11-19-22-43-45 - the odds seem to favor ONE of those to hit tonight, but not any more than one, so you can eliminate 4 of the 5 from any one game.  I have 19 picked in one game, and I think 45 in another, I changed a couple of my picks since I posted my predictions here last night (which is usually fatal.....) 

As for historical numbers, my history starts at the last ballset change, and that was last July for the WB's, and March 8 for the PB's.

I have about 6 or 8 different things I check for when choosing numbers, the above being just a couple of them, I use my 'theories' to eliminate numbers rather than to help me actually CHOOSE numbers.... if that makes any sense at all.