Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just for fun.....

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Badger.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: June 25, 2006, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Considering lowered cash options, computerized drawings,  and a few other things,  let's do some goof tabloid type headlines for some "future" lotteries, maybe something like:

Indiana man hits Powerball, takes annuity not cash option, he owes them $650,000 a year!

Thud

Mega Millions matrix goes to 200 pick 5 and 200 Mega Number- someone hits on a QP, investigation to follow. Lottery official heard to say, "No one can ever hit this" on recorded memo.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: June 25, 2006, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

I guess I'm not in a very creative mood today, but I was thinking about all the articles we read about people's lives being destroyed by the lottery. How about...

Tampa, FL

Steven Smith, a 43 year old mechanic, who won $50 million last April playing Florida's 6/53 Lotto game was caught mowing his lawn on Sunday. He seems to be leading a normal life and is still married to the same woman. He hasn't been arrested or gone broke and his children are not on drugs.  The FBI and the IRS announced today that a thorough investigation will be conducted. 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: June 25, 2006, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Mississippi Man Wins $900 Million Powerball Jackpot. He receives after-tax check of $90,000.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
        Member #38908
        May 7, 2006
        27 Posts
        Posted: June 25, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Jack Hendershot, resident of Lewes, Delaware wins $230,000,000 - chooses to remain anonymous.

I wanna die in my sleep - like my grandfather. 

Not screaming and yelling - like the passengers in his car. Confused

United States
          Member #38908
          May 7, 2006
          27 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2006, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

(AP) - Bill Gates wins $500 milllion Mega Millions Jackpot - Bill Gates won the huge Mega Millions Jackpot Wednesday after buying all 175,711,536 different possible number combinations. "I had all my employees buy tickets in all of the different  Mega Million states in order to get all of the combinations in before the drawing - but it's been well worth it!", Mr. Gates said.  He later admitted, "I had the entire plan laid out in an Excel spreadsheet but I almost wasn't able to get the information to all the employees buying the tickets - darn blue screen of death popped up on me.  Thank goodness for backups!"

I wanna die in my sleep - like my grandfather. 

Not screaming and yelling - like the passengers in his car. Confused

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2006, 7:55 am - IP Logged

(AP) - Bill Gates wins $500 milllion Mega Millions Jackpot - Bill Gates won the huge Mega Millions Jackpot Wednesday after buying all 175,711,536 different possible number combinations. "I had all my employees buy tickets in all of the different  Mega Million states in order to get all of the combinations in before the drawing - but it's been well worth it!", Mr. Gates said.  He later admitted, "I had the entire plan laid out in an Excel spreadsheet but I almost wasn't able to get the information to all the employees buying the tickets - darn blue screen of death popped up on me.  Thank goodness for backups!"

Green laugh I love it ! That's MS programming !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.