Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Real life Scenerio... please help.

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #38807
May 5, 2006
34 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2006, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

What would you guys do?

I work at a convenience store that sells lottery, and the owner of the store has been playing the lottery for 20 years and he has never won the jackpot.  I've been working with this guy for many years and he has become a good friend. Let's say I bought a Mega Million ticket and it was a winner.  Obviously the owner will know that the jackpot ticket was sold at his store.   How can I make it so he doesn't know it's me?  I guerentee that he will break off our friendship.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31343 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2006, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

buy your tickets at another store

love to nibble those micey feet.

LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
      Fughedaboutit (NY)
      United States
      Member #8160
      October 26, 2004
      6777 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2006, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  That way you can collect your money and keep your friendship.

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        915 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2006, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't worry about it until you win :)

That way, the chances are that you will never have to worry about it...

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2006, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I agree. It sounds like the simpliest solution to me.

Dance like no one is watching.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2006, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Does your store collect a percentage if you have jackpot winner?  Some states the store gets fifty or a hundred grand for a big enough win.

Most stores don't allow employees to ring up their own purchase.  Stupid to tempt even the most honest employee.  Will he notice if you stop playing?

BobP

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2006, 1:38 am - IP Logged

What would you guys do?

I work at a convenience store that sells lottery, and the owner of the store has been playing the lottery for 20 years and he has never won the jackpot.  I've been working with this guy for many years and he has become a good friend. Let's say I bought a Mega Million ticket and it was a winner.  Obviously the owner will know that the jackpot ticket was sold at his store.   How can I make it so he doesn't know it's me?  I guerentee that he will break off our friendship.

I think that you answered your own question.

I've been working with this guy for many years and he has become a good friend.

If you feel that he's a good friend, why would you all of a sudden cut him off, especially when you feel badly about him not winning for 20 tears?

amilby30's avatar - nw logo.jpg
                Cobb
                United States
                Member #26586
                November 19, 2005
                9688 Posts
                Posted: June 27, 2006, 8:41 am - IP Logged

What would you guys do?

I think that you answered your own question.

I've been working with this guy for many years and he has become a good friend.

If you feel that he's a good friend, why would you all of a sudden cut him off, especially when you feel badly about him not winning for 20 tears?

if this is a tru story  the owner will not get mad because he would know his store will benifit  and if he still was  upset buy his store ,then tell him his  chances of winning are better as an employee instead of a owner

I LOVE THIS SPORT !!   BY30PREDICTIONS

we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
                  Member #12416
                  March 13, 2005
                  564 Posts
                  Posted: June 27, 2006, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Have you thought about going in together for tickets?

Maybe you could bring each other luck......?

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: June 27, 2006, 10:13 am - IP Logged

What would you guys do?

oh he will be notified that the ticket was sold there and the exact time of the sell.. Then he can use cameras to see who the winner was..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49642 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2006, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Discuss your concerns with your Employer/Friend: Through open communication comes understanding.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                        Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #10465
                        January 14, 2005
                        6065 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2006, 10:46 am - IP Logged

The owner has been playing the lottery himself for twenty years and has never won. So you play and you win.

Think about it........

First... His store will get a certain percentage for selling the winning ticket.... a win for him!

Second........He is a gambler who is playing to win. He must know the law of ..... (the person that buys and holds the winning tickets is the winner of the jackpot.) That is, as long as they have not formed a lotterypool.

Third...Has he ever express the fact that he would share a jackpot win with you or have you stated the same with him.

Good luck on what ever you decide, that is, when you actually win.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: June 27, 2006, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Put the same question to ANY two friends, regardless of their positions or titles, a friend is a friend, no matter if he is your manager or not.

That said, what if you and your next door neighbor both played, and one of you won, would that be a big deal to your neighbor ?   It shouldn't.

Besides, if you bought your tickets at another store, wouldn't he be offended you bought them elsewhere ?

Also, I think only 3 states allow a person to claim (a jackpot, anyway) anonomously, so I'm sure he would find out anyway, especially when you roll up in your new ferrari to take him to lunch.