Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Check Your Playslips Carefully

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
Pittsburg, Ks
United States
Member #3382
January 17, 2004
80767 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2006, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Tonight I went to my local convient store where the clerk got a little confused with my playslips. But I didn't notice anything different until I checked with Ks P3. I had 2 sets of tickets with the same numbers on them. None of the numbers would have won in tonight's drawing anyway

But I have learned my lesson and start rechecking my tickets.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2006, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Good point to bring up! I had the same problem once. I always watch the clerk carefully especially if I have a few playslips and the place I'm buying my tickets from is busy and the cashier looks distracted. I'm sure this happens a lot where they mix them up and you wind up with 2 of the same ticket. Beware,everyone! Thanks,Wheeler for bringing this to our attention!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2006, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Yep, it's always good to double check your tickets before leaving the store.

Dance like no one is watching.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2006, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Even on a corrrectly filled out playslip:

Never saw this one before but it happened to me last week, Illinois Little Lotto, my last number on the slip was 35, the clerk ran the slip and the last number on the ticket was 32.

I checked and re-checked it, so did the clerk. Go figure.  (So of course I played another ticket with 35 as the last number, she punched it in....and, of course, neither 32 or 35 hit that night.)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19824 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Once I update my computer data files, winning numbers in the file used to mark my play slips are high lighted and I high light those numbers on my tickets before cashing them in.  To assist me making out playslips correctly, I have screens that simulate the boards of the playslips of every lottery that I play, that way a correctly made out playslip should have the same marking patterns as the computer screen.  This feature also allows me to also check for patterns I try to avoid before marking my playslips like three or more adjacent numbers or number positions on the playslips.

This feature probably will never be available in a commercial lottery program because for multi-state games, each state has its own playslips design  and each time there's a matrix change for any lottery, a screen has to be updated and each screen interact with the lottery files.

So far, I've never had a ticket made out wrong if the playslip was correct.  I have had terminal report too many numbers when there was dirt or markings on their reading screens. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2006, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Wow, RJOh, your system is a lot more sophisticated than mine. Perhaps you play more than I do, but I'm impressed.

Unfortunately, I have had problems and on a previous thread on LP, I wrote about the night I got an extra lottery number on my ticket. I always have one panel marked with 6 numbers when playing Florida Lotto, but this ticket showed 2. The second one had "Q5" next to it and one member wrote that this meant 5 of the 6 numbers had been chosen by the computer.  I've continued to use that playslip at other stores and haven't had any trouble with it. So I won't go to 7-11 again. Once I handed a playslip to the clerk at that same 7-11 and he said it was bent and manually entered the numbers. 2 of them were wrong!  From then on I began to check every ticket BEFORE leaving the store to make sure the numbers are correct. One time a clerk at Sweetbay ran one card twice instead of my 3 cards once each. So I got 2 tickets with the same 6 numbers but didn't get one of my tickets at all! I found that the people at the local Publix seem to know what they're doing, so that's where I'll always get my tickets from now on.

I wanted to share this article from Sept I read. (I can't find it in the archives using Search.) I'd like to know your opinions since I agree that most people would never notice the incorrect date on the ticket. So now, not only do I check my numbers, but I check the date printed on the ticket too! This is kind of frightening, since the man only "lost" $100 but it could have been a lot more. In the end, the player is 100% responsible for checking all the information on the tickets.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05252/568345.stm

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: June 27, 2006, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

justxploring,

Playing the lottery is just a hobby, I enjoy spending time thinking of ways to pick numbers as much as I enjoy playing them.  Once I come up with an idea that's worth repeating I put it in my lottery program.  I've noticed that some commercial programs are adding similar features to attract new and old customers to newer versions of their programs.  The other day, I noticed a program for MM and PB at Powershot.com had a feature that calculated the amount won by a group of combinations so I added that feature to my program which had most of its other features.   I just hope that one of these days while checking my numbers, $200000, $250000 or JACKPOT will pop up.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking