Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

multibets and betslips

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

would you bet multiple times on one number if betslips had this feature

yes i would [ 22 ]  [68.75%]
no i would not [ 4 ]  [12.50%]
not sure [ 6 ]  [18.75%]
Total Valid Votes [ 32 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2006, 4:39 am - IP Logged

i e-mailed betslips and asked them if they would ever consider having a multi-bet feature where you could bet multiple times on the same number in one draw.would you if the option was available?

imagine betting three bucks on a pick four number straight.instead of winning 9,000 you would win 27,000 dollars if your number hit.....

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2006, 4:41 am - IP Logged

maybe if the ones in favor would e mail them like i did it might happen.we made enough to where they added midday and evening cutoff times.i would love to see this happen too.

wannawin24's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
      GA
      United States
      Member #33582
      February 22, 2006
      1026 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2006, 5:40 am - IP Logged

I think that would be a great feature to add.

My NUMBER FELL!!!
      Custom Smiley 

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:03 am - IP Logged

if you think so email them.if we get together and e mail them and they see us wanting it they will add it like they did the other things after we suggested it.wannawin if you play betslips just e mail them and let them know it would be a good thing to add......

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2006, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Dear Mike,

Thank you for writing to us.

We appreciate your suggestion, and we will pass it on to our management.

Betslips.com Customer Service
          service@betslips.com

United States
            Member #30477
            January 17, 2006
            110 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:21 am - IP Logged

if you think so email them.if we get together and e mail them and they see us wanting it they will add it like they did the other things after we suggested it.wannawin if you play betslips just e mail them and let them know it would be a good thing to add......

email sent!

Poway CA (San Diego County)
              United States
              Member #3489
              January 25, 2004
              14120 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:23 am - IP Logged

i e-mailed betslips and asked them if they would ever consider having a multi-bet feature where you could bet multiple times on the same number in one draw.would you if the option was available?

imagine betting three bucks on a pick four number straight.instead of winning 9,000 you would win 27,000 dollars if your number hit.....

It is available.  This has been discussed many times already.  I did it yesterday.  Uncheck the "no duplicate" box next to where you enter your numbers.  Yesterday I wanted to bet again on a number that I had already bet on box/straight.  It told me I could not do it because I had already bet that number.  I fooled it by putting the number in using a different sequence and bet it box/straight and it took it!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23262 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:31 am - IP Logged

CalifDude,

I think you're both right & wrong:

That checkbox you're talking about is for Quick Picks only.  It lets their QP gen. know if you don't want to generate duplicate box combos when you add QPs to the entry box.  You can try it out - add 100 QPs with the box checked, and again with the box unchecked.  When it's checked you won't see any duplicate box combos added.

You are right about playing a number straight mutiple times by playing straight + box using different box combos.  I've done it myself to wheel my favorite number 821.  I played 128, 218, 821, 812, 182, and 281 straight + box, which essentially is the same as playing 821 (and all its other combos) straight twice.  If any form of 821 hits, I'll hit straight once, plus six box hits equals another straight hit.  Unfortunately, I have not been so lucky to hit using that method yet!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8361 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:53 am - IP Logged

CalifDude,

That checkbox you're talking about is for Quick Picks only.  It lets their QP gen. know if you don't want to generate duplicate box combos when you add QPs to the entry box.  You can try it out - add 100 QPs with the box checked, and again with the box unchecked.  When it's checked you won't see any duplicate box combos added.

You are right about playing a number straight mutiple times by playing straight + box using different box combos.  I've done it myself to wheel my favorite number 821.  I played 128, 218, 821, 812, 182, and 281 straight + box, which essentially is the same as playing 821 (and all its other combos) straight twice.  If any form of 821 hits, I'll hit straight once, plus six box hits equals another straight hit.  Unfortunately, I have not been so lucky to hit using that method yet!

you woulda done real good with you pick if you played it across all states in the last week or so

Wed, Jun 28, 2006KansasPick 38-1-2
                  Tue, Jun 27, 2006New YorkMidday Numbers8-2-1
                  Tue, Jun 27, 2006WisconsinDaily Pick 32-8-1
                  Sat, Jun 24, 2006ArizonaPick 31-2-8
                  Tue, Jun 20, 2006New MexicoPick 38-2-1
                  Mon, Jun 19, 2006IllinoisDaily 38-2-1
                  Mon, Jun 19, 2006IowaPick 38-2-1
                  Sat, Jun 17, 2006MichiganMidday 31-2-8
                    four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8361 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2006, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

I could see them setting a limit. Cause potentually a person could take them to the cleaners if they bet big on a number and it came out straight. suppose 20 people put 100 bucks on a pick 4 and it hit the payout would probably exceed their take in.

you have to remember it just not a few people who are betting there.

if you were a bookie would you take a bet of 20 bucks or more straight. with on person and then have 10 or more people come up to you and ask for a 20 dollar straight bet on the same pick.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23262 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

CalifDude,

you woulda done real good with you pick if you played it across all states in the last week or so

Wed, Jun 28, 2006KansasPick 38-1-2
                      Tue, Jun 27, 2006New YorkMidday Numbers8-2-1
                      Tue, Jun 27, 2006WisconsinDaily Pick 32-8-1
                      Sat, Jun 24, 2006ArizonaPick 31-2-8
                      Tue, Jun 20, 2006New MexicoPick 38-2-1
                      Mon, Jun 19, 2006IllinoisDaily 38-2-1
                      Mon, Jun 19, 2006IowaPick 38-2-1
                      Sat, Jun 17, 2006MichiganMidday 31-2-8

I only got one box hit - Arizona on Saturday.  I didn't play on Tues or Wed. Frown

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                        United States
                        Member #3489
                        January 25, 2004
                        14120 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2006, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

CalifDude,

Thanks for clearing that up, Todd.

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2006, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

i asked them to do this and set a limit on how many multi bets four4me.that was the first thing that came to mind.tif they could get this it would be the icing on the cake.lets e mail them about it.i see the poll did very good in this regard.........

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

LottoMike:

I don't know what betslips is, but I gather it's an online game.  I'm thinking if I'm going to play numbers at all I'm probably going to have to begin using something of that nature so's to be able to play games I prefer over what New Mexico offers.

Having said that, I'll also say when I'm hitting well I frequently buy a lot of tickets with the same numbers on them.

I'd probably do it with betslips if they allowed it, and if I used them.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: June 29, 2006, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

has anyone else emailed them besides me about adding the multibet feature?