Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 12:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would happen if...............

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2006, 6:19 am - IP Logged

i know i've thought of a lot of questions since i joined.but i just thought of something.not being negative or anything but i was curious about something.its a natural question to ask so i'll ask it.todd if you went in the hospital to have an operation or something put you out of the way where you couldn't get access for awhile to the internet would the lottery post still run,lol.i know it sounds like a silly question but i was curious.i'm sure others have wondered this at times.i don't mean to be out of line and if i am i apologize.just one of those mysteries you wonder about.....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23345 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2006, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Yes, it would still operate.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2006, 10:23 am - IP Logged

i know i've thought of a lot of questions since i joined.but i just thought of something.not being negative or anything but i was curious about something.its a natural question to ask so i'll ask it.todd if you went in the hospital to have an operation or something put you out of the way where you couldn't get access for awhile to the internet would the lottery post still run,lol.i know it sounds like a silly question but i was curious.i'm sure others have wondered this at times.i don't mean to be out of line and if i am i apologize.just one of those mysteries you wonder about.....

The answer was simple, but it's an interesting question Mike.

I'd wondered the same thing for a long time and never thought to ask.

Every day someone has to update all those results, post the jackpots, analyse the predictions and results against one another and post the updates for the Yesterday Winners and Top Predictors.

Fact is, I've wondered how the hell Todd keeps up with it.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2006, 10:55 am - IP Logged

The answer was simple, but it's an interesting question Mike.

I'd wondered the same thing for a long time and never thought to ask.

Every day someone has to update all those results, post the jackpots, analyse the predictions and results against one another and post the updates for the Yesterday Winners and Top Predictors.

Fact is, I've wondered how the hell Todd keeps up with it.

Jack

Every day someone has to update all those results, post the jackpots, analyse the predictions and results against one another and post the updates for the Yesterday Winners and Top Predictors

I think most of what you are talking about is being run by outside  sources. Todd is like the pilot of a plane. He hits the cruise control, and just sits back and makes sure the auto pilot is doing it's job. Maybe...I don't know for sure.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23345 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2006, 10:56 am - IP Logged

It helps to be a good programmer, to automate as much as possible.  Some things will always require a lot of manual work, such as posting the daily news, but other things I can write clever programs to handle for me, and then it just becomes a job of fixing things when it fails.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23345 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2006, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Pac,

Actually, I have now taken control of all aspects of this site.  I no longer contract with any outside companies for anything, including results and jackpots.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2006, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Your doing a great job.

It's probably saving you a few pesos too.....