Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pick 5 key?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #42040
June 26, 2006
21 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2006, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

what are peoples thoughts about keying 1 number in pick5

derek7's avatar - speedykat
    IL
    United States
    Member #34578
    March 4, 2006
    198 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2006, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I see nobody replied...

Well if you have a very good reason do this, sometimes one has 7 favourite numbers so one just wheels them all. Sometimes one just plays hot/cold, etc.

I personally do not key a number. I rather make sure it is in my wheels (not alwyas balanced). 

Derek7 

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2006, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Hiya,PencilMan,

Have to agree with derek above. I don't use key numbers because how can anyone be sure of any ONE number coming up? And there goes your whole wheel if you get it wrong. Too risky for my blood. I think the IDEA of key numbers and power wheels are great,you can play a lot cheaper and play a lot more numbers but in REALITY I think you wind up losing more. Just my two cents.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2006, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Key wheels are good to use if you choose the right number to key. Like the others said it is risky to rely on one number coming up, because it can screw up your chances of getting a guarentee. I like abbreviated wheels the best.

Dance like no one is watching.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2006, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I've tried wheels, both abbreviated and abbreviated with key numbers and found wheels don't work for me.  Unless you are lucky and pick the right key numbers you're working against yourself and it's expensive.  I'm experimenting with using a primary or key group of numbers within the general pool of numbers.  For example I'm playing Ohio RC5(5/39) tonight and checked the last 33 drawings and found that 23 numbers  accounted for 75% of all the numbers drawn doing that period, so I'm going to use these numbers as the primary group within the a pool of 39 numbers when I pick combinations to play. Every combination will have four of these numbers. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2006, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

what are peoples thoughts about keying 1 number in pick5

For p5, I'd say this can work very well if you have some other tools and also a large enough bankroll to give your "key" number time to fall. I wouldn't use any of the cold numbers as my "key"; they can get downright frosty before they warm up again. Eek

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.