Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Ching Predictions

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:32 am - IP Logged

PAC:

Ever noticed an airplane taking off on a short runway?  Forty degrees of flaps?

Those flaps induce drag, while at the same time increasing the arc across the top of the wing.  Drag.  Resistance.  Short takeoff.

Ever noticed what happens when a pilot puts pressure on the left rudder pedal?  The rudder pulls  left interrupting the airworthiness .... resistance.  drag. 

Every control surface on an aircraft induces and reduces drag as a means of controlling the aircraft.  Resistance.

The resistance of the fluid (air) to the screw (propeller) moves the craft. And so on.

However, it's irrelevant, since the reference to aircraft was only a means of establishing a point.

Thanks for the comment.

Jack

I fully understand your point, however, the minimal requirements for flight do not require the use of resistance. They rely totally on low air pressure.

Sure, the person who chooses to take off on a short runway, will have to resort in making resistant adjustments, in order to achieve their goal, but in the basic take-off of a plane, one does not rely on resistance for flight.

General statement....General comment.......

I did say there were exceptions to that rule and that flight was not dependant on resistance when someone refers to flying in general, as I thought you were reffering to, not specific adjustments in flight characteristics.

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:36 am - IP Logged

PAC:

Ever noticed an airplane taking off on a short runway?  Forty degrees of flaps?

Those flaps induce drag, while at the same time increasing the arc across the top of the wing.  Drag.  Resistance.  Short takeoff.

Ever noticed what happens when a pilot puts pressure on the left rudder pedal?  The rudder pulls  left interrupting the airworthiness .... resistance.  drag. 

Every control surface on an aircraft induces and reduces drag as a means of controlling the aircraft.  Resistance.

The resistance of the fluid (air) to the screw (propeller) moves the craft. And so on.

However, it's irrelevant, since the reference to aircraft was only a means of establishing a point.

Thanks for the comment.

Jack

I fully understand your point, however, the minimal requirements for flight do not require the use of resistance. They rely totally on low air pressure.

Sure, the person who chooses to take off on a short runway, will have to resort in making resistant adjustments, in order to achieve their goal, but in the basic take-off of a plane, one does not rely on resistance for flight.

General statement....General comment.......

I did say there were exceptions to that rule and that flight was not dependant on resistance when someone refers to flying in general, as I thought you were reffering to, not specific adjustments in flight characteristics.

Actually the reference, PAC, wasn't mine.  You are arguing aeronautical semantics with an I Ching computer software product programmed and written by people who might, or mightn't know as much about the physics of flight as you do.

I'm a pilot, but I see no reason to attempt to change what you believe causes an airplane to fly, or doesn't.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Nope......The plane is pulled to the left or right, just as the plane is pulled up. Lower air pressure either to the left or right, depending what pedal is pushed. Not drag.

The only time drag is utilized is when the flaps are down on a plane during landing, and the body of the plane tilted upwards creating even more drag, until the deficiancy of wind (or resistance) slowly drops the plane down smoothly, just like the space shuttle does when it lands.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the comment, PAC.

J

Egos don't count.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:45 am - IP Logged

I worked on 6 million dollar Naval A-3 Jets. I went to Aviation school in Millington Memphis, trying to pass a 2 year college course in not only the basics of aeronautics, but pumps and hydraulic systems. The course was condensed into 4 months.

Na Na......Na Na Na Na......LOL

Jester

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:47 am - IP Logged

I worked on 6 million dollar Naval A-3 Jets. I went to Aviation school in Millington Memphis, trying to pass a 2 year college course in not only the basics of aeronautics, but pumps and hydraulic systems. The course was condensed into 4 months.

Na Na......Na Na Na Na......LOL

Jester

I never jockeyed a jet, PAC.  Only fixed wing prop driven aircraft.  I bow to your superior knowledge.

J

Egos don't count.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:56 am - IP Logged

No Problem Jack......Just don't let it happen again...you hear????

Wink

Winner1313's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg

United States
                Member #39744
                May 21, 2006
                163 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2006, 2:15 am - IP Logged

There are have been, some wonderfull folks that came here and talked about their systems.

They give hints, but not spoon fed us.

They were angels.

I have learned a lot from them, whilst others hurl insults and laugh or beg for more info.

Yes The Lottery Can Be Beaten, And Yes People Do Beat It.

But You gotta use your creative powers.

I will not share the secrets I have learned, because I worked for it, asking, thinking and finally got it. Better Than Alanzo.

Lottery is part reasoning , part deductive, part instinctive.

Casting Pearls Infrount of swines, they turn back and rend you !!

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2006, 10:49 am - IP Logged

No Problem Jack......Just don't let it happen again...you hear????

Wink

I'll take it under advisement, PAC.

J

Egos don't count.