Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All States Midday Picks 7/3

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CalifDude.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
HOUSTON
United States
Member #1625
June 7, 2003
1089 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2006, 10:28 am - IP Logged

An experiment for all states selections (this is my first try, in other words):

Midday picks:

064 152 160 162 164 169 320 328 392 420 620 760 792 860 874

For doubles players:

060 161 166 566 660 664 766 776 778 977

Triples:  666 777

Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2006, 10:45 am - IP Logged

So that you can determine if your method is viable or not, here is what the statistics show that you should hit today.
    You have 15 no match numbers for a total combinations of 90.
    You have 10 doubles for a total of 30 combinations.
    And 2 triples for 2 more.
    That is a total of 122 combinations covered out of 1000.  That is 12.2%.  There are 54 Pick 3 draws today.
    So, 12.2% of 54 = 6.7.  That means that 7 draws is what would be expected by the number of picks you have.  If you get more than 7 hits today, you have a winner!
    That should help you evaluate your method. 

Good Luck.

HOUSTON
      United States
      Member #1625
      June 7, 2003
      1089 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2006, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Thanks, CD, I hadn't thought of it that way.  Monetarily speaking, if you played only straight picks or only box picks, buying (online) every ticket for every state then you could spend $729 (27 total picks x 54 games *.50).  You would then need 2 straight hits ($450 x 2 = $900 won) or 10 box hits ($75 x 10 = $750 won - more if hit was a double or triple) to break better than even.  I think those are online payouts on a 50 cent bet.  I would hope for the two straight hits.  27 out of 1000 possible = 2.7% chance of that I guess or 2 of my 27 picks (7.4% hit rate).

United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, CD, I hadn't thought of it that way.  Monetarily speaking, if you played only straight picks or only box picks, buying (online) every ticket for every state then you could spend $729 (27 total picks x 54 games *.50).  You would then need 2 straight hits ($450 x 2 = $900 won) or 10 box hits ($75 x 10 = $750 won - more if hit was a double or triple) to break better than even.  I think those are online payouts on a 50 cent bet.  I would hope for the two straight hits.  27 out of 1000 possible = 2.7% chance of that I guess or 2 of my 27 picks (7.4% hit rate).

You will observe by looking around at the predictions posted in the threads that there are a lot of people that don't know how to look at the possibilities.  You will see strings that claim hits, but to get those hits you would have to play 2,002 tickets!  Here is a string: 0123456789.  That one will win every Pick 3 and Pick 4 in every state, every draw that is an unmatched number (no 2 or 3 or 4 digits the same).  All you need to do is play 220 combinations box!

You will see boxes.  A box properly constructed will cover 84 combinations (9-digit wheel).  Put up 2 boxes and you have now covered the same as I did above.

And, of course, there are pairs.  Some people will post many pairs (I have seen up to 19 covering one state all month!!) and get people congratulating them on their hits.  Each pair covers 10 numbers.  Nothing wrong with using pairs, but to just post a bunch of them without some direction on how to use them (besides "only use the third digit that gives you a win) is worthless. 

Then there are sums and root sums.  Again, nothing wrong with using them, but to list 3 or 4 root sums and say they will hit something within the next 7 days .... you get the idea!!

Oh, and the latest trick ... I almost forgot ... is to list a bunch of numbers and the states they go with and then post the hits in other states that were not even in the list!!  This is a new one, but I am sure it will catch on!!

So, you always need to know how well your predictions did against what the odds were.

HOUSTON
          United States
          Member #1625
          June 7, 2003
          1089 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I have noticed that few people will actually speak in terms of money spent and won here.  Only on the prediction page can you get some idea of that.  I was going to post these on the prediction page, but I already had some picks in TX and couldn't post all states and it would have been difficult posting one state at a time otherwise.

I see a 06 pair, prominent in my picks, already picked today, but I didn't have it with the 9 as it was picked in MD (or the 3 and 5).  Does that count as a hit anyway? Wink

Thanks CD.  The reasons you sited above are some of the ones that put me off this site for a while, but my desire for the games and the chaos brought me back again.

United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2006, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I have noticed that few people will actually speak in terms of money spent and won here.  Only on the prediction page can you get some idea of that.  I was going to post these on the prediction page, but I already had some picks in TX and couldn't post all states and it would have been difficult posting one state at a time otherwise.

I see a 06 pair, prominent in my picks, already picked today, but I didn't have it with the 9 as it was picked in MD (or the 3 and 5).  Does that count as a hit anyway? Wink

Thanks CD.  The reasons you sited above are some of the ones that put me off this site for a while, but my desire for the games and the chaos brought me back again.

I am glad you are back.  There are a number of people that have dropped out of sight (or is it "site"?? LOL) in the last year.  Many of them are still communicating with me via email, but they too got fed up with the "tricks" that are being played here.  Of course, when I point out to someone that they are covering so many picks with what they have posted, they say "Well, nobody would play all of the numbers."!!!

Most of what is being done on the Prediction Page is just a game.  I don't play that game, but you can just look at the "winners" listing each day and the game becomes obvious.  If you check the predictions there against what those people are posting in the forums, you will be amazed ... they seldom match!!  I post for each individual state and draw, so I am one of the rare ones. 

HOUSTON
              United States
              Member #1625
              June 7, 2003
              1089 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2006, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

One box hit with the 916 in TN and a few near misses with that 16 pair in a couple of states, the 66 double in IN, and the 06 pair in MD.

Is New Jersey going to have a pick today?  I read something about no budget, no lottery today.

HOUSTON
                United States
                Member #1625
                June 7, 2003
                1089 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2006, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Another box hit with CA's 230 today.  But that's only two in the midday picks.  Stay tuned to another thread for the night picks.

United States
                  Member #3489
                  January 25, 2004
                  14120 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2006, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

One box hit with the 916 in TN and a few near misses with that 16 pair in a couple of states, the 66 double in IN, and the 06 pair in MD.

Is New Jersey going to have a pick today?  I read something about no budget, no lottery today.

The NJ lottery is still in business for now.  You can not buy a ticket, but they are drawing so that those that have purchased in advance have a chance.  That is probably 7 days, so after that, if the government is still shut down, the lottery will stop also.