Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP Polls and topics

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by fxsterling.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How many times can someone ask the same question on Lottery Post?

A few times [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Up to 5 times [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
One a month [ 3 ]  [13.04%]
Every 3 months [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Twice a year [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Until members throw virtual eggs at you [ 10 ]  [43.48%]
Until you get all 43,106 members to respond [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Until you have a hard drive meltdown [ 8 ]  [34.78%]
Total Valid Votes [ 23 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2006, 12:03 am - IP Logged

How you doing Justxploring????

Okay, Pac. Thanks for asking. Spending my nights thinking of a way to get out of Bonita Springs.

We gotta get out of this place, if it's the last thing we ever do.

Guitar

If all goes well, I'll be leaving in sept., headed out to Los Angeles.

I just can't take this place anymore. Not to mention this dumb airport is gonna take my easy money away from me in Oct. They screwed up my cash machine. They're overhauling the different companies into one gestapo company, which pays much less. Oh well, good reason to leave...

Hey PAC:

If you ain't catapulting out there on one of those big airplane things and want to pause for a cup in Albuquerque, let me know.  Afterward, give me a call when you get to Moriarty and I'll meet you down at the Big Eye or some Trucker Hash House for a bowl of mud.

J

Naw..Ain't flying them aluminum tubes. I'll be driving, and will go through New Mexico to get to Cali.....

I think I will stop by and buy you lunch, or have a couple of brewskies....LOL

Sounds like a plan.....

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Sorry to hear about your situation Pac. I am out of a job once again.  21 years at one company and then I move to Florida and....well, you know the drill. Maybe I have trouble with authority!  Good luck.

"I fight authority, authority always wins...."

Actually it's a good thing. I will be forced to break the chain of complacency. I've planned this event and would have happened a little later on, but just came sooner. It's a good thing because the sooner I get out the less of a chance I'll be wearing a straight jacket.....LOL

I'm just like you justxploring, I also have a hard time with authority. I can only suggest to find a high paying job that might require some sacrafice, and to save the money to get the heck out of there. That's what I did. I used to blow my money like there was no tomorrow, and finally realized that If I didn't save my money to get out, I would be stuck in this hole year after year.

I lived in Redondo Beach California around 1991, and I loved the Sierra Madre mountains to the north, and the smog very very much.....LOL

I also lived in Tonopah Arizona for 6 months, and also loved the mountains there. Just something about mountains, and sparce rain.

I hope you get back on your feet soon. Good luck to you too my friend...

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2006, 12:29 am - IP Logged

sorry to hear that pac.i'm in a similar situation myself.i have been at a place that was established in 1905.been open over a hundred years.i've been there for six years or more but a couple months ago they went into bankruptcy and closed.i still guard the plant at night but for how long i don't know.been good and comfortable there then they pulled the rug underneath all the workers.its a good and easy job and i'll miss it when its done.

I know the feeling Mike. This is not the first time this has happened. The main reason I left New York almost 8 years ago was because a of a major lay-off at a marketing research firm I worked at. After giving four years of hard work, the carpet was pulled for me too. I cashed in my ESOP ( Equal Stock Ownership Plan ), and high-tailed it to Florida.

I know you can get another position elsewhere, but I also know that it's not going to be the same as the original place.

I have a good feeling that you'll do just fine and make do.....Good Luck buddy....

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
        United States
        Member #19651
        August 3, 2005
        621 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2006, 2:23 am - IP Logged

what post has gotten the most votes