Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Million Dollar Law Suit May Go To Jury

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by nascarfan4864.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new salem
United States
Member #40646
June 4, 2006
4 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2006, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Everyone seemed to have a lot of negative thoughts about this case, thought the two women had a plan or something, but read this

A jury might decide whether a Fayette Coynty

woman should receive half of a former housemate's $1 million state lottery jackpot during the October trial term.

Yvonne M. Evans filed a lawsuit in March against Mary Ruth Rechichar, who moved out of Evans' Redstone Township home after scratching off a winning ticket in the $275 Million Dollar Cash Extravaganza game.

Evans contends that she let Rechichar borrow her debit card to pay for the $20 ticket on March 11. Rechichar was employed at the Republic gas station that sold the game card.

In the lawsuit, Evans, 41, said the women were friends who decided to split winnings when they played the lottery.

Rechichar, 45, has described the women as lovers, but she denied they had an agreement to divide the $1 million jackpot or other lottery prizes.

She maintains, however, that she "gratuitously" offered to give Evans $100,000 before the lawsuit, according to court documents.

At a status conference Thursday, Judge Steve P. Leskinen gave the case a tentative trial date of Oct. 16.

In March, Leskinen approved a stipulation order in which Rechichar was allowed to collect $300,000 immediately, but the rest of the winnings went into a joint investment escrow account designated by the attorneys.

Rechichar has had at least one more significant scratch-off prize in the past three months. She won $5,000 in the same instant cash game in May, according to the Pennsylvania Lottery.

Chris Foreman can be reached at cforeman@tribweb.com or 724-425-2338.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4523 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2006, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

If I recall , someone who claimed to be one of these ladies, posted on this board?

Im sketpical by nature on this whole scenario so I'll bite my tongue and wait for the verdict.

No where does it say that the money was a loan.

No where does it say the money borrowed was a gift.

No where does it give specifics for what evidence is supporting either side.

These questions create the platform for arguements in this court suit.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2006, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

This has been brought a couple of times. You don't happen to be one of them or know them do you?

Dance like no one is watching.

new salem
        United States
        Member #40646
        June 4, 2006
        4 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2006, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

no, although I live near them it is big news around here, in these small pennsylvania coal towns everyone knows everyones business and this has been the talk of town for months now, I do know for fact they were lesbians living together, mary left her husband to be with the other woman, everyone knew marys' husband was abussive and eventually she was going to leave him but noone never thought for another woman, also mary's boss in questioning how she got the ticket with no money and people are telling him she took it from the register, I think he may end up trying to claim the prize, it's all messed up but any changes I'll let you know