Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First Time Luck-Is there a name for this?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by stefan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
New York, NY
United States
Member #39471
May 16, 2006
2696 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2006, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Is it just me--or has anyone else noticed that any time you test/try a new tool or software or method...you see straight hits..then as soon as you give it a real test with real money nothing comes up (at least for a while)? Then if you stop playing for real but keep oberving the hits come again...

Is there a name for it? Who is behind random numbers (phenomena)--"God" or "Devil"?

$$$

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49813 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Drawing Patterns seem to vary in inverse proportion to Betting Patterns.

When their are a High Number of Bets on Combinations: These Combinations are Least Likely to be Drawn.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10354 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2006, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

There's galaxies of difference once live money is introduced - happens with testing table game systems and sports betting, too.

I'm sure with horse races also.  

"When you bet your mind, you lose your mind" 

(When it's not live money it's known as a mind bet) 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2006, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I fit that description.

On a sidenote, I decided to play a backtest scenario on a pick 8 against KENO games - I have a spreadsheet of over 1,000 valid consecutive KENO games, I had the bright idea that if I could play a pic 8 against 1,000 games, it would cost me $1,000, and I would win $25,000.  You would think that 'surely' a mathamatically-educated pick 8 would hit ONCE in a thousand games, right ?  Well, no, it didn't.

Next, I figured the same for a pick 6 - surely a pick 6 would hit in a thousand games, and pay me $2,000, right ?.   Nope. 

NO, I didn't actually PLAY those, I didn't bet it at all, just tested against it. 

I didn't really dig into the 6 and 8 numbers I chose to test with, and have not gone back into it to really research it, maybe some day I will. 

This is tougher than it looks. 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2006, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Is it just me--or has anyone else noticed that any time you test/try a new tool or software or method...you see straight hits..then as soon as you give it a real test with real money nothing comes up (at least for a while)? Then if you stop playing for real but keep oberving the hits come again...

Is there a name for it? Who is behind random numbers (phenomena)--"God" or "Devil"?

Yes, you are not alone, compadre. It makes me want to spit sometimes !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2006, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I can tell you this without fear of being believed.

There's an ancient, pock-marked, automated installation on the trailing side of the visible moon surface near the equator that's responsible.  It's solar powered, but the ancient batteries won't hold a charge anymore through the dark moon.  So it fades off, dissipates to almost nothing toward the end of the dark moon, then begins again when sunlight reaches the solar panels and the batteries begin to get powered up again.

I don't know what energy it uses to influence random number behavior, but it does so by 'broadcasting' in the form of random numbers, various artifact (man-made) coordinates of celestial body locations, mainly stars.  Which means it's interactive, in the sense it must have monitored marine and aircraft positional broadcasts so's to provide it with our grid system (LONG/LAT).

The coordinates it broadcasts are earth planetary ones for those celestial bodies.  I haven't a clue why any such thing might be true, what would have motivated critters to go to the trouble to do it.  I do know that what it does is interrupted by geographical barriers such as mountains.

Once I figured out it was there, and roughly where to look for it, I pulled up the lunar photos from the NASA site and voil'a! there it was.

Seems there might be another, smaller installation on the leading edge near the equator, also.

Tole ya you wouldn't believe it.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2006, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Oh?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2006, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Oh?

Hi tntea:

Sorry to hear you Tennesseeans aren't getting keno.  I think you'd have been able to retire off that.

Good seeing you.

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2006, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Oh?

Tntea:

I just dowsed that the Oh? wasn't entirely funny, nor precisely a measure of disinterest.  If that's true you might want to add this post by JAP69 to your thinking if it concerns double digit draws:

JAP69
                  Posted: Today, 9:54 pm - IP Logged
                  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/137927/3

There's a difficulty sometimes knowing which ball or number was drawn first on the Pick 5s, etc.

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2006, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I doubt anyone's interested, but here's a picture of the facility on the trailing side:

Photo Center Coordinates:  12.99°N/23.94°E 

There's another one off to the west 15-20 degrees or so on a different photograph.... more spectacular, less certain in purpose.

Photo Number IV-072-H3

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/lunar_orbiter/images/img/iv_072_h3.jpg

Photo Center Coordinates:  15.77°S/37.86°E

J

Egos don't count.

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2006, 1:18 am - IP Logged

I don't have a real name for first time luck. I'm just not lucky since I played lotto when I was 18.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2006, 7:17 am - IP Logged

I can tell you this without fear of being believed.

There's an ancient, pock-marked, automated installation on the trailing side of the visible moon surface near the equator that's responsible.  It's solar powered, but the ancient batteries won't hold a charge anymore through the dark moon.  So it fades off, dissipates to almost nothing toward the end of the dark moon, then begins again when sunlight reaches the solar panels and the batteries begin to get powered up again.

I don't know what energy it uses to influence random number behavior, but it does so by 'broadcasting' in the form of random numbers, various artifact (man-made) coordinates of celestial body locations, mainly stars.  Which means it's interactive, in the sense it must have monitored marine and aircraft positional broadcasts so's to provide it with our grid system (LONG/LAT).

The coordinates it broadcasts are earth planetary ones for those celestial bodies.  I haven't a clue why any such thing might be true, what would have motivated critters to go to the trouble to do it.  I do know that what it does is interrupted by geographical barriers such as mountains.

Once I figured out it was there, and roughly where to look for it, I pulled up the lunar photos from the NASA site and voil'a! there it was.

Seems there might be another, smaller installation on the leading edge near the equator, also.

Tole ya you wouldn't believe it.

J

I do know that what it does is interrupted by geographical barriers such as mountains.

I have to admit to you that this part of what I posted is sheer speculation based upon imperical evidence.  There might be some other explanation I haven't thought of.

But the influence the facilities in that picture exert on random numbers behavior seems to depend a great deal on whether there's something as big and thick as a mountain between the moon and the place the numbers are generated.  (There are some obvious implications in this I ain't going to elaborate on).  Other, lesser barriers don't appear to give it any trouble..... goes through them like fresh corn through a goose.

The other aspect of this facility and (at least) the other one on the leading edge that might be of some significance to you, is that the numbers behavior influence is somewhere far down the list of priorities insofar as what this thing's up to and has been up to for longer than we've got any business trying to imagine.

Just a few more thoughts, since I know I can depend on you not being interested.

J

Egos don't count.

Belgium
                          Member #2203
                          August 31, 2003
                          107 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2006, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Hi Fibonacci,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the name for it is called "inpatience". Far too many players switch to real money too soon. Once they do, they give up too soon. Both situations are caused by "inpatience".

Best regards,

Stefan