Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone having problems with MD Lottery

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
kdsjeter's avatar - lion
Crofton, MD
United States
Member #15377
May 14, 2005
29 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

The Maryland Lottery has installed new lottery terminals accross the state.  Does anyone else noticed the following trend.

The new terminals seem to be down quite frequently.

The timing of system maintenance and additional downtime seems to be related.

I heard the new system communicates via satellite dish.  On several occassions I noticed the system was down when we had a bad rain storm. 

Although the old system had its own quirks, the new won seems to irk me.

United States
    Member #22980
    October 5, 2005
    23 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

Yeah they seem to be down a lot more, and the clerks seem to be just as frustrated.  If all we get with the new machines is fancier displays and thinner paper, I'd rather just go back to the old ones.

mrmst's avatar - disney14
      Glen Burnie, MD
      United States
      Member #427
      June 27, 2002
      208 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2006, 8:03 am - IP Logged

I've only run across 1 problem so far.  The liquor store where I buy Mega Millions tickets have had no problems.  But the lounge where I have lunch sometimes seems to have a lot of trouble reading Keno bet slips.  There were 3 in my party and 2 of us had to fill out the slips 2 or 3 times before the machine would read them.  Other than that, the machines seem to be faster (once the operators get use to them) and I like the way it has a display that faces the player that shows how much your tickets won.

Overall, I'd say they were an improvement.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2006, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I've only run across 1 problem so far.  The liquor store where I buy Mega Millions tickets have had no problems.  But the lounge where I have lunch sometimes seems to have a lot of trouble reading Keno bet slips.  There were 3 in my party and 2 of us had to fill out the slips 2 or 3 times before the machine would read them.  Other than that, the machines seem to be faster (once the operators get use to them) and I like the way it has a display that faces the player that shows how much your tickets won.

Overall, I'd say they were an improvement.

use a black magic marker on your bet slips works great and i have never had a problem when i use a marker.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2006, 11:44 am - IP Logged

The Maryland Lottery has installed new lottery terminals accross the state.  Does anyone else noticed the following trend.

The new terminals seem to be down quite frequently.

The timing of system maintenance and additional downtime seems to be related.

I heard the new system communicates via satellite dish.  On several occassions I noticed the system was down when we had a bad rain storm. 

Although the old system had its own quirks, the new won seems to irk me.

apparently the system maintenance was to upgrade the machines keno screens and a few other features.

however this has nothing to do with the machines communicating devices which are at the same risks as any other satellite feature. If the satellite is not lined up with the communication device there will be blips in the system.

Amy time you implement new systems there will be some kind of glitches that have to be ironed out.

good idea is be prepared and don't wait till the last minute to get your tickets. i think there are more problems around the draw times because too many people are trying to buy tickets at the same time causing the terminals to freeze.