Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

.....and one last online poll

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 10 years ago by TheTruth.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

do you think the senate will vote yes to the internet gambling bill?

they senate will pass the online gambling bill [ 9 ]  [25.71%]
the bill won't be passed this year [ 21 ]  [60.00%]
not sure [ 5 ]  [14.29%]
Total Valid Votes [ 35 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2006, 2:59 am - IP Logged

do you think the senate will pass the online gambling bill this year or do you think it won't be passed this year.......

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2006, 3:01 am - IP Logged

i'm going to be positive and say it won't be passed this year......

wannawin24's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
      GA
      United States
      Member #33582
      February 22, 2006
      1026 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2006, 4:22 am - IP Logged

it won't be passed thus year

My NUMBER FELL!!!
      Custom Smiley 

ccbrown33's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        NC
        United States
        Member #4780
        May 24, 2004
        124 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I don't think it will pass this year....

HOUSTON
          United States
          Member #1625
          June 7, 2003
          1089 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Hopefully the senators will have already received their payouts from the mafia, uh, I mean the special interest groups and will shelve the issue, or find something picky they don't like that will never get resolved in committee.

Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I'm with everyone else, don't think it will pass this year. Online gambling is still relatively new and I don't think any major changes will be made just yet.

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2006, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully the senators will have already received their payouts from the mafia, uh, I mean the special interest groups and will shelve the issue, or find something picky they don't like that will never get resolved in committee.

i think thats why they arrested the CEO of betonsports.they might've thought he was going to buy the votes,lol......

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2006, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

If it does pass, I think it will take a few years to come into effect.

Dance like no one is watching.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2006, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

A few points:

1. The Senate will come back to Washington in September for about a month, so there still will be a chance for them to vote on it before recessing for the year.
                  2. I have heard that there are both Democrats and Republicans who have serious reservations about the bill, and if something does pass it may be very different from what it looks like coming out of the House.
                  3. If the Senate does pass something very different from the House bill, that in itself may kill the bill (hey, isn't that the name of a cool movie?), because the House bill was carefully constructed in order to gain wide support, and any changes would instantly change that support.
                  4. If it does pass, and the House and Senate agree on any changes, it will go into effect immediately after the President signs it.  That means before the end of 2006.
                  5. BTW, I voted "NO" above.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                    FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2006, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I didn't vote because I have no idea what our government will do from one day to the next.

As I've said before, the government has to get their muzzles out of our bee-hinds and start taking care of the real business at hand.

There are hundreds of more important issues than how we choose to spend our money and where we choose to spend it.  This is yet another smoke screen to deflect their ineptitude at dealing with real problems.

The reported earthquakes on the east coast have been traced to the graves of our founding fathers.  They are spinning like tops in their graves. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Detroit, MI
                      United States
                      Member #43946
                      July 27, 2006
                      365 Posts
                      Posted: August 16, 2006, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't like keeping track of the government and its dealings because its mostly just bad news. They will mess up big time if they decide to pass this bill...they will then be moving slowly into dictatorship. If they were smart, they would wisely drop this bill...they take one step in this direction of taking our rights to play in other states and how we want to spend our money they are in for big trouble in the future.

So no, the bill will NEVER pass because it is an infringment of our rights to our freedom of choice.

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2006, 4:45 am - IP Logged

A few points:

1. The Senate will come back to Washington in September for about a month, so there still will be a chance for them to vote on it before recessing for the year.
                        2. I have heard that there are both Democrats and Republicans who have serious reservations about the bill, and if something does pass it may be very different from what it looks like coming out of the House.
                        3. If the Senate does pass something very different from the House bill, that in itself may kill the bill (hey, isn't that the name of a cool movie?), because the House bill was carefully constructed in order to gain wide support, and any changes would instantly change that support.
                        4. If it does pass, and the House and Senate agree on any changes, it will go into effect immediately after the President signs it.  That means before the end of 2006.
                        5. BTW, I voted "NO" above.

i'm glad to see you voted no.i sure hope the senate doesn't get around to voting on this.i have heard they have a lot to do so this might never get voted on at all.the only thing that scares me is like you said about changing certain things in the bill to suit other people in the senate and rushing it through after the changes are made.i heard that happens sometimes.the good points are that the banks are against this because it would be too time consuming to monitor every single bank account for signs of gambling activity and it would cost the banks a ton of money in the process.the horse racing industry also saw some language in the bill they didn't like either so there are senators with interests in the field holding the bill up too.if they do pass this bill it would make america look like china and thats not good.its unconstitutional in some ways for them to tell someone they can or cannot spend their money any way they chose.it makes the government look petty too.they really need to go after child predators and child molesters instead of worrying about someone gambling.this bill is very unpopular in my opinion........

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

if we get through this without this being voted on or it doesn't pass this year there will be a champagne party going on right here......Cheers

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                            Detroit, MI
                            United States
                            Member #43946
                            July 27, 2006
                            365 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

The bill WILL NOT pass, period. There is no IF in this matter, it just WON'T. Focuse to much on it not getting passed and sure enough we will get what we thought we didn't want, I say to the folks who play online to just keep on happily playing the game online and leave the matter alone.

This is getting to much attention, we should just be happy in the moment instead of worrying about a future beyond anyones control.

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: August 19, 2006, 7:46 am - IP Logged

thetruth i like the way you are positive.i'm like you and trying to keep a good outlook on this matter.i too hope it doesn't pass......