Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Million dollar paranormal challenge

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2006, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

James Randi Educational Foundation

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests.

Click here to see the application.

Read the Frequently Asked Questions.

Randi's Personal FAQ.

The Log of Applicants

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
    clarkston georgia
    United States
    Member #555
    August 8, 2002
    3348 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2006, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

thank you for this rip I will send my application

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2006, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Hi bird:

I hope you'll share how it goes, dealing with the Randi Foundation.

The folks on Digital Dowsers List have kicked this around a bit, some of them evidently contacted the Randi folks.

The general thought grapevine-wise is that Randi's got it rigged in such a way as to keep anyone from getting past the application process.

But that mightn't be true.  Might just be a matter of control issues on the part of whatever energy workers contacted them.

I hope you break through their defenses and bust 'em wide open for the million.

Jack

Egos don't count.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2006, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I remember going to that site years ago. Interesting reading the message board and newsletters. I am also one of those people that think that Randi has it so that no one will ever be able to pass his test. But maybe no one has come forward with any abilities, so who am I to judge.

Good luck Bird! Be careful though, your name and stuff can be published and those people on the board roast the people who participate in the challenges.

Dance like no one is watching.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2006, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

LOL Thanks for the laugh Jack. I needed it.

Some of the tests that people want to do for the challenge are very odd....like this one. =)

Dance like no one is watching.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2006, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Bird:

It seems to me keeping it really simple, such as predicting lottery outcomes in advance, might be the way to get through their line of defense.  You'd probably need to insist up front that was the ONLY claim you were making, and that you weren't going to sit still for any nonsense of getting outside the track.

Instead of doctors and lawyer affidavits with your application you could send them a prediction for the pick 5 or 6 game in the state where they are next week draw.

If the challenge gets too broadly defined they can find way hundreds of ways to wiggle out of it.  But if you keep it single-issue it's difficult to imagine them, first denying you a chance if you predict a lottery outcome in advance, and second, succeeding in squirming out of paying up.

Just a thought.

Jack

Egos don't count.