Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 4:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Excel and pick 3

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by winsumloosesum.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
north carolina/virginia
United States
Member #2097
August 17, 2003
126 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2006, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I am happy to say I finished a certificate program that included Excel, I learned alot, hopefully I can apply what I learned to pick 3 also. I have been working on a Pick3 worksheet, trying different things.  I am asking that any of you that know anything about excel give me your thought, ideas, any kind of input to help me in using Excel for Pick 3. I'm a little nervous about sharing what I learn about the program because its hard for me to explain things like you all do so thoroughly. However the built in feature of "auto-filter" seems to be helpful also. Please give me any input on excel and pick 3. Thanks a bunch!

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
    The Carolinas - Charlotte
    United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4138 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2006, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

pamelab

Congratulations on your certification! I now use a software program that helps me out a lot, however, I do often use Excel for many Pick 3 observations. There is so much you can do to use Excel with Pick 3 AND Pick 4. Many people on her can help you with your ideas in the future. That's what we're all here for...to help each other out, be it constructive criticism or praise or new ideas. Keep up the good work!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

libra's avatar - chi
      Cleveland , Ohio
      United States
      Member #961
      December 27, 2002
      44223 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2006, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Hi Pamelab

There is an Excel spreadsheet called Super Pick3ology. It's freeware. It has the 2 autofilters,one is straight and the other is for boxed sets, and a lot of other charts such as sums , odd and even , due digits etc. You should be able to find it using search. You have to have the Data Analysis add in on to use it.

Good Luck Libra Dave      Big Smile

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        51098 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2006, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi Pamelab

There is an Excel spreadsheet called Super Pick3ology. It's freeware. It has the 2 autofilters,one is straight and the other is for boxed sets, and a lot of other charts such as sums , odd and even , due digits etc. You should be able to find it using search. You have to have the Data Analysis add in on to use it.

Good Luck Libra Dave      Big Smile

Search Where: Lottery Post or the Internet?

United States
          Member #1410
          April 22, 2003
          357 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2006, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Libra Dave,

Do you have a link to this Super Pick3ology program everywhere on the web I try the link is broken

I would greatly appreciate it or of course feel free to email it to me at datatypeservices@yahoo.com

Thanks Webmaster LeRoy 

libra's avatar - chi
            Cleveland , Ohio
            United States
            Member #961
            December 27, 2002
            44223 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2006, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

It looks like it has been removed from the Web. I checked all the sites that claimed to have it and it came up a no show. To bad , it's a great pick-3 Spreadsheet. Sorry everybody .

Libra Dave

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #2218
              September 1, 2003
              5396 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2006, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Pamelab,

What would be nice is if Todd had an Excel "General Discussion".

Members could post formulas and VBA they use for Pick 3 or Pick 4.

I would recommend downloading this FREE Addin "Morefunc"

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

There are a couple formulas that are great for taking a drawn number and converting it to ascending order.

Example:

1. You enter the drawing number in Cell a1 

2. In cell B1, copy and paste this formula in the formula bar --MCONCAT(VSORT(MID(A1,INTVECTOR(LEN(A1),1),1)+0,,1))

3.  Click>> Control, Shift, and  Enter keys (same time)

4.  In cell b1 you should now have the ascending version of the drawn number in cell a1.

5.  Next right click cell b1, select format cells, click the number tab, select custom, enter 000 in the type box, click OK.

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #2218
                September 1, 2003
                5396 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2006, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Here's a formula for finding the number of drawings out for digit positions.

=MATCH(B1,INDIRECT("C20:C200"),0)-0

1.   In cell C20 is your most recent drawing for Position 1.  Below Cell C20 are all the previous Position1 draws.

2.   In Cells B1 through B10 type:

B1    0

B2    1

B3    2

B4    3

B5    4

B6    5

B7    6

B8    7

B9    8

B10  9

2.  In cell C1 enter the above formula.  The formula looks for the last time the 0 hit in cell range c20 through c200.  It will then tell you how many drawings since the 0 (zero) has hit.  So, for example, if the 0 hit the last drawing in Position 1 a "1" will appear in cell C1

If you want the last drawing hit to be a 0 (zero) you can use this formula.

=MATCH(B1,INDIRECT("C20:C200"),0)-1