Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Getting Wacked by Mega Millions

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #35590
March 20, 2006
185 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2006, 9:58 am - IP Logged

For the last few weeks I have been riding a poor man's winning streak--breaking even and a profit here and there--Well this last Friday I had my system punch out 20 set of numbers, with the full expectation I was gonna at least break even. My 3 of 5's have been pretty consistent....at least 3 of the 20 set of numbers would have 3 of 5 and if I upped my wager to 55 set of numbers....it would be a consistent 7 or 8 sets with 3 of 5.

Last Friday my system got wacked, slammed, put in it's place by Mega Millions.....I didn't get a single digit.....not even one.....it was like I ran into a chain saw massacreBed

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19902 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2006, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

"For the last few weeks I have been riding a poor man's winning streak--breaking even and a profit here and there--"

Breaking even and a profit here and there is most players dream, it's like playing for free.  You are one of a handful that never won a top prize that can say that.  I would be happy to get half my money back until I won the big one.  If you're getting more than one win ($2) per 40 lines played, you're beating the odds playing MegaMillions.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2006, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

IMHO, the lottory moved on but your system stayed put.

At least, that's what I told myself when this happened to me several years ago.  So I set out to find a system that moves.

Unfortunately my system is so moble, (How moble is it?) I always move away from the winning numbers; far away.   One of these days I hope my system will move in front of the winning numbers and I will get hit with a jackpot.

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        527 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2006, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Shane, MM did not wack you, the people/commission who made the MM number field so HUGE wacked you by making it near impossible odds!

What would happen if EVERYONE boycotted MM for one drawing, maybe even a MONTH?  I'll tell you: they would change the game around by lowing the number field!

Once you economically noncooperate, people start to "listen"...but most will keep on playing fearing that their "numbers" will come in the one drawing they don't play.  The bigger risk is to capitulate.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19902 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2006, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Greg,

There are games with better odds like WV Cash25 (6/25) but the top prize is $25,000 and matching 3 pays $1, you can't have better odds and larger jackpots.  Ohio RC5 (5/39) had a top prize of $402,000 tonight and matching 3 pays $10, but matching 5/5 isn't easy either.  There are lots of games with better odds than MegaMillions if you're not playing for a $12M+ jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #10720
            January 23, 2005
            933 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2006, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

(why does this screen look different all of sudden!)

The thing that rarely changes is the price of a ticket. $2 is the highest I have seen on some games. Maybe have a "mega millions" type game with a $5/ticket price but with better odds (like Hot Lotto). You'd be able to play less sets of numbers and still have a shot of winning something, and you could focus your algorithm on one set of good numbers. Anytime I won it was the first one or two numbers or sets that my system liked.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5145 Posts
              Posted: July 25, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

For the last few weeks I have been riding a poor man's winning streak--breaking even and a profit here and there--Well this last Friday I had my system punch out 20 set of numbers, with the full expectation I was gonna at least break even. My 3 of 5's have been pretty consistent....at least 3 of the 20 set of numbers would have 3 of 5 and if I upped my wager to 55 set of numbers....it would be a consistent 7 or 8 sets with 3 of 5.

Last Friday my system got wacked, slammed, put in it's place by Mega Millions.....I didn't get a single digit.....not even one.....it was like I ran into a chain saw massacreBed

Shane3:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Don't Worry" just "RELAX"

If PSYKOMO win$$$$$$$$$$$........Pick-5 buy  YOU aHHHAAAAAAA

"KAYACK to PADDLE"

LOL$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO