Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio looking to replace Lot O' Play

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2006, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

If you go to their website looks like they are going to replace it with a traditional style game 1-47($2.00) or 1-49($1.00).

Well their new concept didn't last long.  It has interesting play but people must just not like it.

Brad

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2006, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

No surprise that Ohio is doing this survey. LOP set another record low for a Saturday payout 7/22. LOP started only in October.

The biggest flaw for Super Lotto Plus, LOP, and most likely a replacement game is that Ohio fixes the cash value (for the in-state game, _not_ Mega Millions) at 50% of the annuity, instead of using a floating percentage. Lump-sum winners get stiffed.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19898 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2006, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Looks like they may be doing what I predicted they would do when they replaced SuperLottoPlus with Lot'O Play.  Wait a year or so and reintroduce SuperLotto with modifications like a lower starting jackpot, reduced bump amount and drop the bonus number.  In the old days when Ohio 6/49 was the best game in the area and people from the surrounding states played it too, starting jackpots of $4M and minimum bumps of $2-4M after each drawing was affordable, but as the surrounding states got their own games less people were playing the game and the only thing Ohio could do could do was replace it with a worst game and later reintroduce it as new and improved with lower payouts.  I'm glad I didn't waste any effort rewriting my programs to handle the 100 numbers of Lot'O Play.  I liked all the pick6 games of the pass , 6/44(2 plays for $1), 6/47, 6/49 and the 6/49 plus 1.  They will be bringing back a winner.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2006, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I have a feeling Ohio will try the $2 game (6/47) because IMO they want higher jackpot potential. Either game probably would work, but, again, Ohio needs to make the cash value a floating percentage of the annuity (like MM) rather than fix it at 50%.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19898 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2006, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't think the $2 (6/47)game with a random instant win won't fly because it works like a QP.  System players prefer to spend the extra dollar on an addition set of numbers and have complete control even if they lose, that's the reason Lot'O Play isn't flying so good.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2006, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Ohio some time ago surveyed players about concepts that included the possibility of a "lifetime" prize. I don't think Ohio is about to try a lifetime numbers game.

United States
              Member #1826
              July 11, 2003
              2645 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2006, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

No surprise that Ohio is doing this survey. LOP set another record low for a Saturday payout 7/22. LOP started only in October.

The biggest flaw for Super Lotto Plus, LOP, and most likely a replacement game is that Ohio fixes the cash value (for the in-state game, _not_ Mega Millions) at 50% of the annuity, instead of using a floating percentage. Lump-sum winners get stiffed.

That is until interest rates go up to a point where a floating percentage would mean a cash option that's less than half the annuity value. Then Ohio would be offering a good deal. And as interest rates continue to rise across the board, that might happen soon.

(insert signature here)

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2006, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I wonder if PA is planning a replacement game for Unlucky for Life (everyone seems to agree that Match 6 is a stronger game)-PA doesn't do player surveys.

A few years ago Ohio fixed the Super Lotto Plus cash value at 44% of the annuity-if the Mega Millions ratio drops close to 50%, I would expect Ohio to lower the cash value %.

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2006, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Bradly_60, I say 6/49 with a $1 game. The jackpot starts with cash option only at $1 million and will grow until someone wins.

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2006, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

PA is planning a new game. Hopefully it will replace Unlucky for Life.

Saturday 8/19 set ANOTHER record low payout for a Saturday LOP.