Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The money Lotto South never paid out

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: July 24, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

We all have sharply divided opinions on the new GA-KY-VA Lose for Life. But what has been forgotten is that when Lotto South ended, the three states decided to double the lower tier prizes for the final drawing (if no jackpot winner) instead of emptying out the entire first-prize pool. Does anyone know if GA, KY, and/or VA ever gave that money back to the players?

Amber88's avatar - praying hands.jpg
    KENTUCKY
    United States
    Member #40028
    May 26, 2006
    578 Posts
    Posted: July 24, 2006, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

Ky Lottery Corp. had a special promotion to return remaining Lotto South funds to players. For each Win For Life ticket a player bought, they received an entry form to be entered into several prizes. I think they had like 10 prizes of $52,000 each and several small prizes. It was not to long after WFL came out that they did this.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2006, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

When Ohio ended SuperLottoPlus,I play 20 lines and matched 3 three times, since there wasn't a jackpot winner, the jackpot money was shared with all the winners and I got $78, I should have played more lines.  I played Lot'O Play that one time so if Lot'O Play has a big jackpot when they get rid of it, I plan to play it again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2006, 9:36 am - IP Logged

The ENTIRE jackpot pool for the final LS drawing should have been rolled down to the lower prizes. Pure and simple.

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2006, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I think Lotto South should have taken out all of the money prior to Win For Life game.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: August 24, 2006, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

All GA, KY, and VA had to do is look at the Massachusetts Ca$h WinFall game. Every time the jackpot reaches $2 million, it's like the game is being discontinued, except the jackpot is reset at $500,000. The jackpot money is paid through the lower tiers if there is no 6/6 winner.