Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

getting feedback about computerized drawings

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: July 28, 2006, 7:33 am - IP Logged

computerized draws are not equal to ball drawings.go look at the state report card if you have questions about if your state is RNG or not.for those who live in a computerized state do you feel like you have just a good a chance as people who live in ball drawn states?  those who are against it should sign the petition here on the lottery discussion page.its always been a mystery about what goes on behind the scenes in computerized states.for instance everyone knows indiana is about as straight as liberace.there have been a few good signs like oklahoma and north carolina both being ball drawn states but also a few signs to worry about also like hot lotto going computerized.also the kansas fiasco where the same number was drawn three days in a row because of a computer glitch.i do think the computerized draws can be manipulated and tampered with from within.do you agree?

United States
    Member #42924
    July 10, 2006
    3 Posts
    Posted: July 28, 2006, 9:15 am - IP Logged

I play fantasy 5 in CA. and I won a few 3/5 and a few months ago I won a 4/5 for $512. I would rather have a ball drawing but I still have won with the computerized drawings. I guess it's all luck I don't know. I just hope it's a honest game and that we aren't getting ripped off. I wrote to Arnold about this but haven't heard anything back yet. They have been doing this for about 8 years now so I doubt they will switch back.

dacman's avatar - Coyote
      California
      United States
      Member #40563
      June 4, 2006
      39 Posts
      Posted: July 28, 2006, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

LottoMike said: "....also the kansas fiasco where the same number was drawn three days in a row because of a computer glitch."

In the Cal Fan Five, #30 hit FOUR draws in a row ( 6/18-6/21)  What are the odds in that happening? Makes you wonder.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: July 28, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I still play computerized games, but I get a feeling that the computers analysis the numbers before the drawing so it's not as fair as ball drawings

Dance like no one is watching.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2006, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I knew WA state was failing when it stopped the televised drawings of it's games. Shortly after that they moved to computer drawings but the amount of money I save by not getting computerized tickets is saving me money.

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2006, 1:43 am - IP Logged

does anyone know when this trend first started with the ball drawing states changing to computers?  were all states that are now computerized once ball drawn?

what state started this in the first place?

dacman's avatar - Coyote
              California
              United States
              Member #40563
              June 4, 2006
              39 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2006, 2:00 am - IP Logged

does anyone know when this trend first started with the ball drawing states changing to computers?  were all states that are now computerized once ball drawn?

what state started this in the first place?

This from the Cal State Lottery web page:

The California Lottery began conducting automated draws for Fantasy 5 and DAILY 3 on July 1, 1998, and for Daily DerbyTM on August 10, 1998. The decision to switch to conducting automated draws was made because of the increase of daily games offered to players and the need for a faster, more efficient, maintenance-free method of drawing winning numbers.

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2006, 7:45 am - IP Logged

This from the Cal State Lottery web page:

The California Lottery began conducting automated draws for Fantasy 5 and DAILY 3 on July 1, 1998, and for Daily DerbyTM on August 10, 1998. The decision to switch to conducting automated draws was made because of the increase of daily games offered to players and the need for a faster, more efficient, maintenance-free method of drawing winning numbers.

thanks for the info dacman.i knew california was probably one of the front runners in this trend.i guess the rest of the states out west saw that and followed their lead.too bad because it cheats the players.........

Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: August 5, 2006, 4:11 am - IP Logged

I knew WA state was failing when it stopped the televised drawings of it's games. Shortly after that they moved to computer drawings but the amount of money I save by not getting computerized tickets is saving me money.

has any state actually switched from ball drawings to computers without even letting the players know anything in advance?