Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Scanner: New Technology..

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: July 31, 2006, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I feel that they need to come up with a new lottery scanners, in stores...Because filling out the lottery bet slip is time consuming. I've heard that you must use a special brand of pencil or the machine will not pick it up...They should come up with a "Gun" scanner where people can draw the numbers 1-2-5 for example, and the scanner will scan it the same way gun scanners scan food products...I call it a gun scanner but is the one with the horizontal red lazer/line that you scan from top to bottom, not the static scanner they have in some food stores but the one that you can hold in your hands...That's the kind of scanner lottery corporation need to come up with...One that the computer can recognize eligeable writing, even perhaps uneligeable writing too....I say this because if you have let's say 30 combinations to play it takes a while to circle the numbers circles and if you go out the circle, you may have to start back over on the playslips...While a hand/gun scanner scans and automatically feeds the combinations into the computer. With a hand/gun scanner, a person can scan 30 combinations in one swoop/sweep, while the old fashioned way, you have to get i think 5 cartons, fill them up, wait for the computer to chew it...

Who agrees with me?

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: July 31, 2006, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree.....

Sometimes I feel like getting a gun myself when the computer doesn't take my tickets !! 

..DD

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: July 31, 2006, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I use a Sharpie fine point black Permanent Marker on a clean flat playslip and make sure all of my markings are within the proper number square and they are the proper amount.  This may take a little extra time, but it saves time when my slips run first time every time with no rejections.  Being a system player, I can't just mark any number when one is not or void any board that have too many marks.

For those player who can't take the time to make out a play slip correctly, there's QPs.  I think this is the reason large lottery pools don't use systems, no one in the pool want to take the time to make out play slips, so they usually just buy a bunch of QPs.

When I cash in my winning tickets, the winning numbers are high-lited with a pink marker because terminals can't see red and if the clerk says it's not a winners I can physical recheck it with the winner list myself, however since I started during this I've had no disputes about weather my tickets are winners or how much money I have coming.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: July 31, 2006, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

I use a Sharpie fine point black Permanent Marker on a clean flat playslip and make sure all of my markings are within the proper number square and they are the proper amount.  This may take a little extra time, but it saves time when my slips run first time every time with no rejections.  Being a system player, I can't just mark any number when one is not or void any board that have too many marks.

For those player who can't take the time to make out a play slip correctly, there's QPs.  I think this is the reason large lottery pools don't use systems, no one in the pool want to take the time to make out play slips, so they usually just buy a bunch of QPs.

When I cash in my winning tickets, the winning numbers are high-lited with a pink marker because terminals can't see red and if the clerk says it's not a winners I can physical recheck it with the winner list myself, however since I started during this I've had no disputes about weather my tickets are winners or how much money I have coming.

Good advice...

Those QP's seem to hit more and more, though......

DD

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: July 31, 2006, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

When ever I've gone to Indiana to pick up PB tickets, some friends and others hear about my planned trip and ask me to pick up some QPs for them too.  Since I only do this 2-3 times a year, I record the QPs and compare their winnings with my system picks, so far my system have always won more per number of tickets than those QPs.  I think QPs win more generally because 80%+ of all lottery tickets are QPs according to what I've read.

Evil Looking       

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: July 31, 2006, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I've never heard of any "special kind of pencil". There's no problem in WI with playslips. THe only thing you can't use is red ink. 

We don't have circles. We have rectangles. And all you have to do is put one line in the middle of one of them for it to register.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31369 Posts
              Posted: July 31, 2006, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I feel that they need to come up with a new lottery scanners, in stores...Because filling out the lottery bet slip is time consuming. I've heard that you must use a special brand of pencil or the machine will not pick it up...They should come up with a "Gun" scanner where people can draw the numbers 1-2-5 for example, and the scanner will scan it the same way gun scanners scan food products...I call it a gun scanner but is the one with the horizontal red lazer/line that you scan from top to bottom, not the static scanner they have in some food stores but the one that you can hold in your hands...That's the kind of scanner lottery corporation need to come up with...One that the computer can recognize eligeable writing, even perhaps uneligeable writing too....I say this because if you have let's say 30 combinations to play it takes a while to circle the numbers circles and if you go out the circle, you may have to start back over on the playslips...While a hand/gun scanner scans and automatically feeds the combinations into the computer. With a hand/gun scanner, a person can scan 30 combinations in one swoop/sweep, while the old fashioned way, you have to get i think 5 cartons, fill them up, wait for the computer to chew it...

Who agrees with me?

you play in ga. should know no special pens or pencils are required.

love to nibble those micey feet.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: July 31, 2006, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I've never heard of any "special kind of pencil". There's no problem in WI with playslips. THe only thing you can't use is red ink. 

We don't have circles. We have rectangles. And all you have to do is put one line in the middle of one of them for it to register.

I've also never had a problem filling out my slips, maybe because I only use ink.

Dance like no one is watching.

Lkydeb*594's avatar - yummyxmascat
                  Luv Vtracs 8-)

United States
                  Member #38062
                  April 23, 2006
                  12590 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2006, 7:37 am - IP Logged

that is not the only thing that is so time consuming. everytime I go get my tickets, cashiers don't put the damn bet slips in the machine correctly, it does not register all the tickets correctly. so we end up waiting, waiting & waiting for them to correct it. wtf.

angelm's avatar - anne
                    richmond ky.
                    United States
                    Member #15877
                    May 22, 2005
                    8472 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2006, 7:53 am - IP Logged

that is not the only thing that is so time consuming. everytime I go get my tickets, cashiers don't put the damn bet slips in the machine correctly, it does not register all the tickets correctly. so we end up waiting, waiting & waiting for them to correct it. wtf.

I agree-this has happened to me several times

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2006, 12:02 am - IP Logged

When ever I've gone to Indiana to pick up PB tickets, some friends and others hear about my planned trip and ask me to pick up some QPs for them too.  Since I only do this 2-3 times a year, I record the QPs and compare their winnings with my system picks, so far my system have always won more per number of tickets than those QPs.  I think QPs win more generally because 80%+ of all lottery tickets are QPs according to what I've read.

I stand corrected, I just check the tickets I purchased for myself this past weekend against the 20 QPs I bought for a friend and I had no winners while he had a 0+1 and a 1+1 for a $7 win. 

I played for 2 drawings and he only played for one so if I don't win anything Saturday I'll have no reason to ever return to Indiana and he'll be stucked with tickets worth $7 unless he's willing to invest in a tank of gas to drive to Indiana to cash them in.

Evil Looking