Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Systems vs Quick Picks

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by bellyache.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #39194
May 12, 2006
28 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2006, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Hi, 

This is my first post since I joined lottery post, and like many here I wanted to do some research to try to push the odds more towards my favor.  So I looked at all the posts and systems and for almost the past year I played both systems and Random Quick Picks, recorded all my wins/losses (for taxes, in case I hit anything big!) and looked at the percentage of my wins/losses for both my systems and quick picks and concluded that...

My win/loss ratio is about the same for both!  Which is pretty much the sentiment in the forums (ie Here we go, another system).  I play the MA lotteries and Mega Millions and sometimes Powerball, and usually wheel about 17 numbers (3/5 guarantee) for the pick 5s and 15 numbers (4/6 guarantee) for the pick 6s and not once has any system I tried netted all the numbers in the picks!  I've gotten 4/5 and 4/6 a few times, but equally distributed between my Quick Picks and System Picks.

I know people use different wheels based on budget, but how often have you actually caught all the lottery numbers within the set you wheeled?  In the past year my record is:  zilch!  Even on Mass Cash, a pick 5 game where the odds of getting all 5 numbers is 1 in about 300,000 (vs the 1 in millions for the other games).

One system I'd love to try is LottoVantage's StarPath (?) system, but too bad it's not available for general use.  That one looks cool!

So it's back to the drawing board for my "systems"...

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2006, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Hi, 

This is my first post since I joined lottery post, and like many here I wanted to do some research to try to push the odds more towards my favor.  So I looked at all the posts and systems and for almost the past year I played both systems and Random Quick Picks, recorded all my wins/losses (for taxes, in case I hit anything big!) and looked at the percentage of my wins/losses for both my systems and quick picks and concluded that...

My win/loss ratio is about the same for both!  Which is pretty much the sentiment in the forums (ie Here we go, another system).  I play the MA lotteries and Mega Millions and sometimes Powerball, and usually wheel about 17 numbers (3/5 guarantee) for the pick 5s and 15 numbers (4/6 guarantee) for the pick 6s and not once has any system I tried netted all the numbers in the picks!  I've gotten 4/5 and 4/6 a few times, but equally distributed between my Quick Picks and System Picks.

I know people use different wheels based on budget, but how often have you actually caught all the lottery numbers within the set you wheeled?  In the past year my record is:  zilch!  Even on Mass Cash, a pick 5 game where the odds of getting all 5 numbers is 1 in about 300,000 (vs the 1 in millions for the other games).

One system I'd love to try is LottoVantage's StarPath (?) system, but too bad it's not available for general use.  That one looks cool!

Elmoo168:

You might find a visit to yesterdays results on the prediction page educational.

I know it's not MM or PB, and it's not a jackpot success for yesterday, but have a look at bellyache's Keno Atlantic Canada prediction results for yesterday.

They drew 20 numbers.  Every one of those numbers were in her combinations, though she 'only' managed to get 7, or 8 out of 10.

If it's possible to do this with keno, it's also possible for the other jackpot games.

Not much likelihood anyone's going to try to spoon-feed anyone else a winning pick 6 system.  But a lot of people have worked on them here, and some of them have explained what they were working on sufficiently to allow you to proceed as far as they had when they were posting about it.

Good luck

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
      Member #34266
      March 1, 2006
      188 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2006, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I have found when I get QP,  I always end up with a couple of numbers that were drawn in the previous drawing.  For instance on the Powerball, I picked 3  plays, and 2 QP,  the two QP, the first one had last drawings PB number and the second one had two numbers from the previous draw.

HOUSTON
        United States
        Member #1625
        June 7, 2003
        1089 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2006, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

A group here at work buys QP and I'm trying to persuade them otherwise.  They ALWAYS get combinations of numbers that are in the lower hit percentages.  It seems a waste of a dollar to take a chance on a QP.  Pick a set of numbers that land within the higher percentage hit groups to better your chances at winning SOMETHING.  Better than NOTHING and no chance of ANYTHING.

Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2006, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

elmoo168,

If your "system" isn't picking numbers any better than your quick picks, then you're smart to return to the drawing board to work on it, at least you have a standard by which to measure the worth of your system.  I think most members are willing to discuss their systems and theories until something convinces them that it might really work, so take advantage of their posts why they are still posting.  Good luck to you.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49699 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2006, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi, 

For additional information on LottoVantage's StatPath-5 Lotto System go to his Blog!

dacman's avatar - Coyote
              California
              United States
              Member #40563
              June 4, 2006
              39 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2006, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

elmoo168 said: ".....but how often have you actually caught all the lottery numbers within the set you wheeled?  In the past year my record is:  zilch!

The Mass Cash is a 5/35 game. If you eliminate the REPEAT numbers ( by analysis) you`ve got a 5/30 game.   Now eliminate the Cold numbers ( that`s a risk) and you`ve got a 5/25 ( or less) game. I would wheel all the numbers and with some filtering, who knows?  You might catch them all!

United States
                Member #39194
                May 12, 2006
                28 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2006, 11:44 am - IP Logged

What do you mean by Repeat numbers?  Do you mean the numbers that came out in the previous drawing?

I'm not giving up on finding a system yet, but so far I'm doing as well as quick picks!  And yes, I think the lottery computers do some funny number crunching to give you harder to hit combos (possibly so the jackpot has a better chance to grow?).  Many times I've noticed the computer gives me mostly sequential numbers on a ticket (ie 4 out of pick 5 tickets are sequential, and sometimes 5 out of pick 6 are sequential), all the low numbers, all the high numbers, etc.  We used to have an office pool for Powerball and there were a few times when the jackpot was huge where we'd accumulate a few hundred dollars of quick picks.  Out of a few hundred tickets, the distribution of the Powerballs was really off balanced.  There was at least one time we didn't even get one ticket that hit the powerball number out of several hundred tickets!  I wish we had kept the tickets - it would be a good exercise to see if the number distribution between drawings was even slightly balanced.  It seems like the numbers are weighted between drawings based on the drawn numbers, so you'd have to look at one set of quick picks between drawings (I think I read this sentiment several times here as well).

I've looked at LottoVantage's blog, but he only analyzes the Ohio numbers?

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2006, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean by Repeat numbers?  Do you mean the numbers that came out in the previous drawing?

I'm not giving up on finding a system yet, but so far I'm doing as well as quick picks!  And yes, I think the lottery computers do some funny number crunching to give you harder to hit combos (possibly so the jackpot has a better chance to grow?).  Many times I've noticed the computer gives me mostly sequential numbers on a ticket (ie 4 out of pick 5 tickets are sequential, and sometimes 5 out of pick 6 are sequential), all the low numbers, all the high numbers, etc.  We used to have an office pool for Powerball and there were a few times when the jackpot was huge where we'd accumulate a few hundred dollars of quick picks.  Out of a few hundred tickets, the distribution of the Powerballs was really off balanced.  There was at least one time we didn't even get one ticket that hit the powerball number out of several hundred tickets!  I wish we had kept the tickets - it would be a good exercise to see if the number distribution between drawings was even slightly balanced.  It seems like the numbers are weighted between drawings based on the drawn numbers, so you'd have to look at one set of quick picks between drawings (I think I read this sentiment several times here as well).

I've looked at LottoVantage's blog, but he only analyzes the Ohio numbers?

I'm not giving up on finding a system yet, but so far I'm doing as well as quick picks! 

Sounds as though QPs are the right route for you, that being the case.  Saves you a lot of trouble reading all the way through things, working on things, trying to figure things out.

Someone posted on several threads over the past week or so about a new system he says is a good one.  He says the best system is finding numbers that have never hit before anywhere.

You might give that a try.  Sounds simple enough.

J

Egos don't count.

dacman's avatar - Coyote
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #40563
                    June 4, 2006
                    39 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2006, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

elmoo168 said: "What do you mean by Repeat numbers?  Do you mean the numbers that came out in the previous drawing?

Exactly. No 'repeats' in the last three games in the Mass Cash so it was playing as a 5/30 game without the repeat numbers.  

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                      Member #12618
                      March 18, 2005
                      2060 Posts
                      Posted: August 3, 2006, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I know people use different wheels based on budget, but how often have you actually caught all the lottery numbers within the set you wheeled? In the past year my record is: zilch! Even on Mass Cash, a pick 5 game where the odds of getting all 5 numbers is 1 in about 300,000 (vs the 1 in millions for the other games).

I've gotten all 5 numbers in a wheel before. Once, when I didn't play some numbers I wheeled, I missed out on $5,000. It happens, but not often. Wheels are a good tool, if you happen to pick the right numbers for it.

Dance like no one is watching.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2006, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I know people use different wheels based on budget, but how often have you actually caught all the lottery numbers within the set you wheeled? In the past year my record is: zilch! Even on Mass Cash, a pick 5 game where the odds of getting all 5 numbers is 1 in about 300,000 (vs the 1 in millions for the other games).

I've gotten all 5 numbers in a wheel before. Once, when I didn't play some numbers I wheeled, I missed out on $5,000. It happens, but not often. Wheels are a good tool, if you happen to pick the right numbers for it.

You did a pretty good job of picking the right ones today:

bellyacheNew JerseyCash 54 of 505-13-15-22-3904-13-15-22-39$150

Egos don't count.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                          Member #12618
                          March 18, 2005
                          2060 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2006, 12:31 am - IP Logged

You did a pretty good job of picking the right ones today:

bellyacheNew JerseyCash 54 of 505-13-15-22-3904-13-15-22-39$150

Thanks Jack. I am happy that I actually got my first 4 of 5 on the prediction board.

Dance like no one is watching.