Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Unbelievable Blackjack At The Luxor In Vegas!

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by DoubleDown.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Shoreview, MN
United States
Member #32671
February 15, 2006
7 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2006, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Last time I was in vegas, (two weeks ago) I noticed a a row of video black jack machines. Having only $5 with me, I sat down at took a gander at the rules.

Single deck, Double on 10,11 only, Dealer stands on Soft 17,(Not sure about this one) and BLACKJACK PAYS 2-1.

Minimum is $1/hand, but be warned, once you hit the "bet" button you can't decrease it. I ended up losing my $5 because I mistakenly assumed that by hitting the button over and over I could cycle down to $1.

Has anyone else seen this? Does the BJ 2-1 mean that the player has an edge playing basic strategy? Or is the computer shuffling after each hand mean this game is for suckers only?

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
    United States
    Member #19651
    August 3, 2005
    621 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2006, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I saw a game like that in Biloxi  If you play at the bar you get drinks faster      and that was my my first time with 21  seemed odd      left after I got my coke                           10 bucks in  10 bucks out    next time I will look at the 21 rules but it's what you say I think     I stayed their  liked it  left with money         but it would be hard to get out  in an emergency

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2006, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

The game is controlled by a computer.

Key word is controlled.

Play live with real dealers and real cards......