Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PB Challenge 8/5

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 years ago by scorpio.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2006, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

I read this was the biggest PB win for Wisconsin since 1998 when a bartender from Chicago drove to Wisconsin to buy tickets for his customers.  As I remembered, one of his customers won and assured him he would be well rewarded.  After the winner got with his kids and lawyers and claimed the money with his kids, he offered the bartender $10K and the bartender sued claiming he was expecting something closer to $1M.  I never did hear how the court ruled.

I hope this winner doesn't have a friends that want to split his winnings for him. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3055 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2006, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

That is the second win for WI in the last two years.  So far they have had one winner per year for the last two years.  I hope that OR is going to be the next winner.-weshar75

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2006, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I read this was the biggest PB win for Wisconsin since 1998 when a bartender from Chicago drove to Wisconsin to buy tickets for his customers.  As I remembered, one of his customers won and assured him he would be well rewarded.  After the winner got with his kids and lawyers and claimed the money with his kids, he offered the bartender $10K and the bartender sued claiming he was expecting something closer to $1M.  I never did hear how the court ruled.

I hope this winner doesn't have a friends that want to split his winnings for him. 

Unless he had something in writing, how can anyone in their right mind expect more ?

10G is a helluva lot better than ZILCH, after all, it appears he had none of his own money in it.

Just another example of a lousy person crying to the legal system, he should have known this would happen IF a client won.

He should have had a written a contract for all to sign stating he was entitled to X dollars or X percent for any amount over X dollars

won by any of the folks he was buying tickets for, at least he would have had a better chance of getting something more substantial OUT of court. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2006, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

That is the second win for WI in the last two years.  So far they have had one winner per year for the last two years.  I hope that OR is going to be the next winner.-weshar75

I think it goes in streaks - PA had 4 winners in one year I think, thendidn't have any for a couple of years, all states are kinda like that way now.

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2006, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Unless he had something in writing, how can anyone in their right mind expect more ?

10G is a helluva lot better than ZILCH, after all, it appears he had none of his own money in it.

Just another example of a lousy person crying to the legal system, he should have known this would happen IF a client won.

He should have had a written a contract for all to sign stating he was entitled to X dollars or X percent for any amount over X dollars

won by any of the folks he was buying tickets for, at least he would have had a better chance of getting something more substantial OUT of court. 

I Agree!    Also isn't $10k the max at that time someone could give another without taxes kicking in???

Good luck to everyone!

United States
            Member #9579
            December 12, 2004
            2121 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2006, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

guesser,you're right,tri states hasn't had a winner in 50 years!