Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Formula for not winning lotteries

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by bambini.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2006, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Sterilize your life

1. Be confident that your ancestors were stupid and everything they believed they knew was superstition,
  2. Make sure when you look at the sky you don't know the name of a single star, or constellation you see there, other than the Big Dipper,
  3. Make certain you only know what phase the moon is in by reading it some where
  4. Put yourself and your life as many steps removed from every facet of your own survival as possible,
  5. When you eat something animal be certain you don't know what color hair it wore, don't know anything about its appearance when it was alive.  If it's vegitable, be sure you don't know anything about the soil it grew in, about the nutrients that gave it life, the water that nurtured it.
  6. Make certain you don't know how to clothe yourself, to mend the clothing you own, not even sewing on a button.  Never think about where the cloth came from, the thread. 
  7. Be absolutely sure you live in a shelter you didn't build and don't know the first thing about how you'd go about building it.
  8. Drink your water from bottles.

If you'll do all that you'll find it much easier to think of those numbers as merely statistics.  You'll be more able to believe everything that happens in a human life is the luck of the draw, the fault of your parents, the fault of the government, the fault of people who live in some foreign place who babble in foreign tongues and eat foreign glop.

You can buy Quick Picks in good conscience if you'll do all that.  Or, you can frequently visit the lottery stats pages and try to figure out which ones are hot and cold.

But if you win, it will be because you were lucky, or because someone else didn't do all those things and posted the numbers somewhere for you.

j

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

'being lucky' nailed it.

As far as I can see, charts can do one thing: eliminate some of the numbers.

Do you want to play all the longest shots in one game ?

Do you want to play all 5 numbers that hit in the prior game ?

Do you want to play all 5 numbers that hit 3 or 4 drawings ago ?

Do you want to play a number that has hit in 3 straight games ?

Do you want to play 1-2-3-4-5 ?

All my charts can do to help me is narrow 55 numbers down to about 25, and even then.... 

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: August 5, 2006, 12:34 am - IP Logged

'being lucky' nailed it.

Do you want to play all the longest shots in one game ?

Do you want to play all 5 numbers that hit in the prior game ?

Do you want to play all 5 numbers that hit 3 or 4 drawings ago ?

Do you want to play a number that has hit in 3 straight games ?

Do you want to play 1-2-3-4-5 ?

All my charts can do to help me is narrow 55 numbers down to about 25, and even then.... 

Heck, guesser, maybe everything that's ever going to happen in your life hasn't happened yet.  Might even be you'll learn something sometime you don't know already.

'As far as I can see' is a description of right now and backward, but it's a worthy caveat to keep in mind.

j

Egos don't count.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: August 5, 2006, 1:16 am - IP Logged

I often get quickpicks along with formula tickets and find the quickpicks can do better. I don't know if any method would really lower the odds that much on jackpot style games other than shear luck.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 5, 2006, 7:37 am - IP Logged

I often get quickpicks along with formula tickets and find the quickpicks can do better. I don't know if any method would really lower the odds that much on jackpot style games other than shear luck.

I don't know if any method would really lower the odds that much on jackpot style games other than shear luck.

Evidently you've never visited the Yesterday Winners page of the Predictions page, scrolled backward day-by-day for a couple of weeks looking at the results.  If you had you'd know whether any method would really lower the odds that much on jackpot style games

Egos don't count.

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8797 Posts
            Posted: August 5, 2006, 7:57 am - IP Logged

using methods that have been used for years without success.

Want different strategy:
            Wait to everyone has posted their plays. Then wheel what they have not picked.

Oo'Ka

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: August 5, 2006, 8:31 am - IP Logged

Want different strategy:

Good point, though adapting some of those methods to things that mightn't have been tried might help.  New slants on old methods and strategies kind of thing.

I think a person would do a lot better playing picks by, say, Lucky, or RJOH, or Padawan, or LottoMike, or bellyache, or tntea, probably others that don't come to mind at the moment, than picking QPs.

Every one of those multitudinous hits they're getting is contained within a maximum of 50 combinations per lottery per draw.  Each one of those hits beat the odds.   Sometimes all, frequently half of those combinations would have paid.

Maybe you don't see that as an improving the odds over a QP. 

Maybe I don't understand everything I ought to about QPs and how likely they are to beat odds, say, of 1:74 against a 3 of 5 in a 5/34 game.

Those people I've named are doing a lot better than I've been led to believe they ought to be doing by just getting QPs. 

I see that sort of thinking put forward a lot, but I don't understand how anyone could say it in seriousness.  I've never seen anyone go look at those yesterday wins pages and then come back and explain how what they just saw means it's all luck and systems don't help.

1. All I can figure is
              2. They don't go
              3. They go but don't look
              4. They go and look but don't think about what they saw
              5. Or they are just so used to having a mind that runs on autopilot down the same set of rails that they're unable to see what they're seeing and draw any conclusions from it

J

Egos don't count.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                Member #4416
                April 22, 2004
                1075 Posts
                Posted: August 5, 2006, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Rip,

I cashed a 4/6 ticket on Win For Life the other day. The store clerk said, "Wow, I've never seen anybody win on this game before!"  I replied, "Winning is one thing; getting ahead of 'em is another."

With the hefty vig in the 50% range that lotteries take, they've got a pretty good cushion of comfort against anybody who gets smart enough to beat the odds. A player can beat the odds and still not make any money. That's an issue that's been kicked around Lottery Post for years.

The only sure way to not win a lottery is to not buy a ticket. Any effort at all - including QPs - puts you in the game. Just about any system or method will yield some positive results if it's used consistently. It might well beat the odds, but actually making money is a lot tougher.

In my own experience, I've been able to cash for more money than I've spent fairly often, but it still hasn't been enough to put me ahead of the game. All it takes is a few losses to gobble up everything I've made.

Even with skillful play, it takes a while to chop away at those huge odds. Unfortunately, the paradox of gambling is that the longer you play, the more likely you are to be a loser because the house percentage just keeps right on gnawing away at you. I just hope that my methods of play will win a jackpot for me before I die or lose so much that I can't show a profit. Hopefully, I'll hit my jackpot and I'll be ahead for good.

Keep firing at 'em,

aye'

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: August 5, 2006, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Rip,

I cashed a 4/6 ticket on Win For Life the other day. The store clerk said, "Wow, I've never seen anybody win on this game before!"  I replied, "Winning is one thing; getting ahead of 'em is another."

With the hefty vig in the 50% range that lotteries take, they've got a pretty good cushion of comfort against anybody who gets smart enough to beat the odds. A player can beat the odds and still not make any money. That's an issue that's been kicked around Lottery Post for years.

The only sure way to not win a lottery is to not buy a ticket. Any effort at all - including QPs - puts you in the game. Just about any system or method will yield some positive results if it's used consistently. It might well beat the odds, but actually making money is a lot tougher.

In my own experience, I've been able to cash for more money than I've spent fairly often, but it still hasn't been enough to put me ahead of the game. All it takes is a few losses to gobble up everything I've made.

Even with skillful play, it takes a while to chop away at those huge odds. Unfortunately, the paradox of gambling is that the longer you play, the more likely you are to be a loser because the house percentage just keeps right on gnawing away at you. I just hope that my methods of play will win a jackpot for me before I die or lose so much that I can't show a profit. Hopefully, I'll hit my jackpot and I'll be ahead for good.

Keep firing at 'em,

aye'

Morning to you aye'.

There's a lot of merit in what you say.

But if lottery play's to be more than passing interest it needs meat, rather than the pablum from a QP to add  a bit of fun to it.  Otherwise it's a mile wide and a quarter-inch deep.  People who want to think about it at all have to focus on what color curtains the last winner had in his bathroom and whether he was double ugly and a loser before he won, or whether it was the lottery did it to him.

I think if LottoMike will follow up on his idea of miniature dog racing he described in the Gaming Forum thread, I'll take that up and give up entirely on numbers.

J

Egos don't count.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8395 Posts
                    Posted: August 5, 2006, 11:58 am - IP Logged

and then there's hope i hope i pick the right numbers to wheel and the wheel isn't too big cost wise to play for a profit. selecting the right numbers for the wheel is foremost. but it doesn't guarantee a win because you might have all the right numbers but not on the same line. I see a lot of posters have the correct numbers in their predictions but all the winning numbers are not on the same line. finding a way to get the winning numbers on the right line should be the target goal. of which most would agree.

A 150 lines might get the job done but who has that kind of money to play every day until the big win is achieved.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                      San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1405 Posts
                      Posted: August 5, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

How NOT to win

Get in a pool that plays QPs only.

Be selfish and unwilling to take advice from  other players, particularly players who keep statistics, have a plan and might know how to get a 5 line ticket with 25 or 30 different numbers.

Don't play until the jackpot exceeds $100 million or some other obscene figure.

Buy a lottery system and play whatever combinations the programmer suggests.

Find another form of entertainment.

willwinthecash's avatar - redcross
                        seaside
                        United States
                        Member #41781
                        June 22, 2006
                        5 Posts
                        Posted: August 5, 2006, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

However, I find it very intriguing, to say the least, how almost every Powerball winner listed on the Powerball website picked quickpicks.  I must say there were 2 who didn't and played birthdays etc.  I'm only halfway through the 2003 winners' stories though.  One lady said she usually plays the same numbers but she is going to properly thank the store clerk for offering her a quick pick option! Just  once I would love to see someone (namely me )who states the following:  I'm a jackpot game freak and I play every drawing for every jackpot game no matter what the jackpot is.  I pick my numbers statistically with all the free software I can download and then I WHEEL like crazy. Ha ha.

United States
                          Member #34266
                          March 1, 2006
                          188 Posts
                          Posted: August 5, 2006, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

However, I find it very intriguing, to say the least, how almost every Powerball winner listed on the Powerball website picked quickpicks.  I must say there were 2 who didn't and played birthdays etc.  I'm only halfway through the 2003 winners' stories though.  One lady said she usually plays the same numbers but she is going to properly thank the store clerk for offering her a quick pick option! Just  once I would love to see someone (namely me )who states the following:  I'm a jackpot game freak and I play every drawing for every jackpot game no matter what the jackpot is.  I pick my numbers statistically with all the free software I can download and then I WHEEL like crazy. Ha ha.

Count me in your corner, I spend time, effort, analyzing and deducing what will be the next jack pot numbers.  I would love to see someone win, because they did their homework.  I'm a jackpot junkie and I'm proud of it!