Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

spreadsheet to HAC pick3 games :)

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by EXCALIBUR.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
Heroic City
Indonesia
Member #31689
February 2, 2006
1153 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2006, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Hi Everybody

just sharing idea to HAC pick 3 games, and if you have download previous files just discard those files lol

Your file HAC433.rar (1008 KB) is now online.
http://rapidshare.de/files/28270988/HAC433.rar.html

and thank to some people who enlighten me about pick 3 games

Bob W. known as Carbob & Sir Metro for skip formula,
Fernando known as Lantern/Excalibur for 4x3x3 combinations,
Ricky known as Paurths for the wheeler,
Chief Bottle Washer for greatest lottery site and for deflator and inspector programs.

also alot of people who contribute on LP system, thank you folk's for sharing the information to play the games.

and spreadsheet must be combine with lotsoft wheeler, deflator, pick3stats, pro filter pick3 for the easiest way to narrow the combo's

let use the most hit to catch the fish with sort trends for next draw :)

good luck
sysp34

CSenior's avatar - 2016 03_10_19_01_18.png
    Florida
    United States
    Member #30348
    January 15, 2006
    2009 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2006, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Thank you for sharing with LP!

Great Job!

United States
      Member #2460
      October 7, 2003
      766 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2006, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Thanks a lot for all of your hard work and programs (SpreadSheets).

I would like to say that it almost took an act of GOD to get my new DSL internet connection working and 3 straight days of computer work and Internet telephone support + buying testing and trying to install 2 Ehernet Lan Card adaptors to put between my computer and the DSL modem, getting the software to install one right 1 of the NIC adaptors was a nightmare and then getting the computer to connect to the Internet once the card was installed right was another, took a lot of telephone time and support and 2 online techs and also a local computer tech-repairman.

Also it took WIN98 (First Edition) as my copy of Win98 Second edition didn't want to work (I might still get Win98SE to work in the near future maybe).

And you should know that I am not completely new to computers as I know a few things about PCs and their software.

Well so far in this partition I intalled a new copy of Win98 first edition and the DSL software and Earthlink Total Access (It stinks, I don't like it, but makes DSL work O.K. on my P.C.), on other partitions I have Win98SE and no DSL yet, (maybe soon (?).

The setup for an old Pc like mine is very very tricky, not the easy "Normal" setup.

I seem to have to do things the hard way more often than not.

The trick is not to give up.

It took 3 days and a lot of hours to figure things out.

Thank GOD that it is done, at least for one partition, now that I know how (More or less) I might by myself be able to put DSL on my other hard drive's partitions too (more than 10 of them).

It is incredible how fast pages load here now as it took almost forever before due to so much scripting on the pages here and other things.

If my Pc was faster and had more memory (Need to buy a new one) it might even be faster, but the DSL took care already of most of the problems moving arround here at LP.

Thanks to Todd for this place here and to SYSP34 for his great and very good spreadsheets.

Might be easier to just call me Fernando as that is my real name, instead of all the aliasses and bogus names that I have used before here and or on some emails.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
      Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2006, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on getting yourself back online.  In addition to your DSL connection, there are some other reasons why it's faster now: http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2006/08/much-much-faster.htm.

Why don't you install Windows XP?  XP runs on almost any computer.  Windows 98 is so old that even Microsoft has completely dropped all support for it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #2460
          October 7, 2003
          766 Posts
          Posted: August 6, 2006, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Would not I need a newer Pc maybe?

This one is only 533 megaherts speed and only 127 or 128 Mbs Ram with more than 70 giga of hard drive.

Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

United States
            Member #2460
            October 7, 2003
            766 Posts
            Posted: August 6, 2006, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I will for sure buy a newer used or completely new Pc within the next 1 week to 3 months.

And this time for sure, there is an old 2.4 Gigaherts machine that might be sold to me soon, other wise a brand new 2.0 or 2.4 Gigaherts from Best Buy from EMachines. (Very Cheap).

United States
              Member #2460
              October 7, 2003
              766 Posts
              Posted: August 8, 2006, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on getting yourself back online.  In addition to your DSL connection, there are some other reasons why it's faster now: http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2006/08/much-much-faster.htm.

Why don't you install Windows XP?  XP runs on almost any computer.  Windows 98 is so old that even Microsoft has completely dropped all support for it.

Todd

I don't know programming nor speed-up techniques, but in the old days of floppy disks' relative files data was faster to access, than sequential files data, advance caching like it is used by printers and web browsers on web pages (I think (?)), it is said to help speed things up along.

LP is a conglomerate of databases.

For the most part information in a particular database forum will stay there and it is not needed to be transfered to any other forum databases, this is not always the case as the Deflate tools, maybe the lottery wheels and also the preditions' pages might need to retrieve and or exchange info data from one database to another.

Otherwise forum databses' info or data might be self contained.

The speed bottlenecks might or should be mostly of two kinds:

First entering and then leaving one forum database, maybe to move from one forum database to another one.

Second update of information of a particular forums' database (Within it), as it is done when we post either new topics or reply to posts.

A third kind would be searching for info using the built in LP's search engine.

As I said sequential data search and update is slower than relative data, but of course somekind of data organization is needed to avoid chaos, keeping track of data is also important.

And there are also information databases within bigger databases, every thread is a contained info database on itself that is part and within the bigger forum databse itself that is part of the bigger LP database itself.

So accessing, searching, accessing again, reading, updating and leaving and then all over again, that might be it (maybe).

Good luck, you have a very great place here Todd.

Thanks a lot.

Fernando.

PS: As to Win98, it is just too bad as Win98SE was and still is a good enough O.S., Win NT was said to also be very good, let us not forget D.O.S.

Perhaps all other Windows' operating systems come from some kind of a mix of those 3.

I have never used Win2000, but I read that it is one of the better O.S. as it is some kind of a GOOD blend or mix of Win98SE, WinNT and D.O.S.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: August 8, 2006, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Fernando,

Thanks, I appreciate your note.  Web sites work a little differently from that, though.  Any data access is handled completely on the web server and the database server, which communicate with each other on a 1 GB/second transmission speed network.  All that you ever get is the final result -- HTML -- which in itself is nothing more than a text file that your computer interprets.

If you look at the very bottom of each page you'll see a label marked "This page was generated in 0.2188 seconds." Any time that it takes over that amount is the transmission time to send the text file (HTML) to your computer, not any processing time.

United States
                  Member #2460
                  October 7, 2003
                  766 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2006, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Todd as you said, just about any computer can run WinXP:

Windows XP Home System Requirements

• PC with 300 MHz or higher processor clock speed recommended 233 MHz minimum required* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.
                  • 128 MB of RAM or higher recommended (64MB minimum supported may limit performance and some features).
                  • 1.5 GB of available hard disk space*.
                  • Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor.
                  • CD-ROM or DVD drive.
                  • Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Todd as you said, just about any computer can run WinXP:

Windows XP Home System Requirements

• PC with 300 MHz or higher processor clock speed recommended 233 MHz minimum required* Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.
                    • 128 MB of RAM or higher recommended (64MB minimum supported may limit performance and some features).
                    • 1.5 GB of available hard disk space*.
                    • Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor.
                    • CD-ROM or DVD drive.
                    • Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Yup, that's true.  I think anything less than that spec is a glorified calculator these days!  I've used every Microsoft OS ever made, so I am familiar with them and their various requirements.

WinXP is the first OS for the home that is based upon the Windows NT architecture.

BTW, I can recommend an excellent book called Inside Windows NT, by Helen Custer, which is still sitting on my bookshelf.  It is a fascinating look at all the design decisions that went into building what was a radically-different OS at the time.  The amazing thing is that so much of those early design principles are in use today, although refined a great deal.

There is a fundamental problem with regular computer users holding on to old operating systems, and not keeping more current: it goes against the unstoppable march of progress, and assures you that you will not be able to interact and participate with other people around you.  Sticking with old operating systems is a privilege of the technically-inclined and the isolated.

The best thing you can do is stay current with all the essentials: basic computer hardware, operating system, web browser, spreadsheet software, and word processing software.  If you insist on using old versions of any of those things, you risk becoming isolated.

United States
                      Member #2460
                      October 7, 2003
                      766 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2006, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Todd

Yes, You are right!

A newer Pc is in order.

I will get another one within a few weeks maybe1 to 3 more months.

But I will keep this old one for the Internet, the other will mostly run software, for lottery games.

I want to test LottoArchitect and other softwares, but I will wait for a new or newer Pc as this one is too limited.

Good luck.