Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Inquiry Minds Want to Know...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by BevsPicks.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #33085
February 18, 2006
744 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2006, 10:48 am - IP Logged

If the gaming legislation will affect play on betslips.com.  Is it legal or illegal at this point to play there?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23345 Posts
    Posted: August 6, 2006, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

This question keeps coming up, and I think some people just do not understand the legislative process.  Just because a bill passes in the House of Representatives does not mean it's a law.  Bills must be passed in both the House and the Senate, and then signed by the President, before they are law.  These questions about this online gambling bill and its effect on Betslips.com (or any web site for that matter) is moot, because such a law does not exist at this point.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8390 Posts
      Posted: August 6, 2006, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

here is something i found when i typed (is online gambling legal or not) in my search engine.

Warning this is a huge file if you are on dial up you might not want to open this file.

United States
        Member #33085
        February 18, 2006
        744 Posts
        Posted: August 6, 2006, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

here is something i found when i typed (is online gambling legal or not) in my search engine.

Warning this is a huge file if you are on dial up you might not want to open this file.

Maybe I didn't phrase the question properly. Please forgive the error.  I am aware of the legislative process.  However with all that's going on surrounding internet gambling and existing legislation regarding gambling.  I feel that it is a valid question.  The news story on the home page is really what peaked my interest.

Thank you four4me.  It is not a mute point to question the legallity of internet gambling.  Just because no "new" legislation has passed to say further that it is illegal does not mean that it isn't.  I fully understand the legislative process and because I do I question.  For those who have a vested interest in internet gambling it may not be an important matter to them until "new" legislation is passed.  People will always find a way to do what they want.  There will always be loopholes.  It will be interesting to see how things turn out.