Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Seek and ye shall find....

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 6, 2006, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

This has me meditating over and over....Has this ever happened to you? My dad and my mother who are against all form of lotteries and who constantly advices me to leave the lottery alone, visited my country of origin and won the national lottery 3 times....The national lottery is like pick4 except that you must match the numbers straight you can't match it boxed, and each ticket cost 1 dollar, there is not 50 cents option..YOu can match the first 3 numbers, the first 2 numbers or the last 2 (is the only lottery the got), he won 1,300 each time....I am the lottery addict in the family and i don't win anything....They were certain they could had won a 4th time if they hadn't left the country for what played was my mother's birthday, and she swears she always plays her birthday...My dad definately doesn't play lottery, i don't know what got him to play, and my mother plays ocasionally, on festive days...

The bible says "seek and ye shall find" [we talking about the lottery here too: ) lol], but i feel that those that seek never find, is those that "don't seek, that find things" ....Hasn't this every happened to you?In my country of origin, they let young kids pick the lottery balls with their hands...

Doesn't stuff like that happen to you?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10390 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2006, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Yup, and it's one of the reasons why I think the luck factor matters so much. 

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2006, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Seek and you shall find......

Keep seeking and seeking and still don't find.....

Peek and you'll go blind.....

Never Mind....

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2006, 2:14 am - IP Logged

The Bible also tells us that faith is believing in things unseen. None of these verses refer to gambling. There are a lot of words from the Bible like "ask and it will be given" but seeking is a spiritual journey. Playing the lottery isn't faith, it's wishful thinking.  Do I close my eyes and say "please, please, please?" before I check my numbers?  Of course I do and I hope someday I win a big jackpot. But I also know there is such horrible suffering in the world, such abject poverty, hunger & disease, that when I ask "Just let me win the lottery tonight," God is probably thinking  "Oh, puhleeeze, Nancy. Gimme a break!" (anthropomorphically speaking of course)

"but i feel that those that seek never find, is those that "don't seek, that find things" ....Hasn't this every happened to you?" 

Of course. What is mean to be shall be. Keep seeking, Pumpi.  Maybe your turn is coming. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: August 7, 2006, 2:31 am - IP Logged

What's the difference between praying in church and praying  praying when you're watching the numbers being drawn?

When you're watching the numbers being drawn you really mean it!

Green laugh