Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hot Numbers Test

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dacman's avatar - Coyote
California
United States
Member #40563
June 4, 2006
39 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2006, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

In the July 2006 history of the Cal Fan 5, there were 66 HOT numbers drawn, using '2 hits in the last ten draws' as the definition of a HOT number.  The breakdown was:

0 HOT numbers---2 draws

1 HOT numbers---6 draws

2 HOT numbers---11 draws

3 HOT numbers---10 draws

4 HOT numbers--- 2 draws

The average is 2.1 Hot numbers per draw.  The test was a short one but the conclusion is obvious. You need a good sprinkling of Hot numbers in your selections to cash a ticket.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19817 Posts
    Posted: August 7, 2006, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I'm trying to come up with a new definition of HOT numbers by observing the most frequent numbers in the most recent drawings. 

For example in the last 20 MegaMillions drawings 100 numbers have been picked for the core numbers, 48 of those numbers were from a group of 14 and the other 52 were from the remaining 42.  That HOT group have accounted for five match4 and four match3 during that same period. 

I plan to use those 14 numbers in the MegaMillions challenge tomorrow night and see if my hit rate improves.  Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: August 7, 2006, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

In the July 2006 history of the Cal Fan 5, there were 66 HOT numbers drawn, using '2 hits in the last ten draws' as the definition of a HOT number.  The breakdown was:

0 HOT numbers---2 draws

1 HOT numbers---6 draws

2 HOT numbers---11 draws

3 HOT numbers---10 draws

4 HOT numbers--- 2 draws

The average is 2.1 Hot numbers per draw.  The test was a short one but the conclusion is obvious. You need a good sprinkling of Hot numbers in your selections to cash a ticket.

Not each time but close enough.

You will also need a good sprinkling of cold numbers.

The trick is to track the occurance of hot or cold numbers.  By having a past history as a guide, you can make a good guess whether the next draw will contain at least one hot number or at least one cold number or possibly a little of both.

The next step is to determine how many number sets contain at least one hot numbers or at least one cold number or possibly a little of both.

You will never do this using paper and pen.  You will need a computer and programming skills.  Good luck

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19817 Posts
        Posted: August 7, 2006, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

More important than having a sprinkling of HOT and COLD numbers is to have a group small enough that when most or all of the winning numbers are in it, you're likely to have combinations that contain them all.  A group of 25-30 hot and cold numbers may have all the winning number but they also cover a lot of losing combinations too.

Evil Looking       

dacman's avatar - Coyote
          California
          United States
          Member #40563
          June 4, 2006
          39 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2006, 4:13 am - IP Logged

I'm trying to come up with a new definition of HOT numbers by observing the most frequent numbers in the most recent drawings. 

For example in the last 20 MegaMillions drawings 100 numbers have been picked for the core numbers, 48 of those numbers were from a group of 14 and the other 52 were from the remaining 42.  That HOT group have accounted for five match4 and four match3 during that same period. 

I plan to use those 14 numbers in the MegaMillions challenge tomorrow night and see if my hit rate improves.  Good luck to you.

Sounds like a plan.  I believe in playing HOT numbers until they change their status.  Let us know how your plan does.  Good luck to you too.

dacman's avatar - Coyote
            California
            United States
            Member #40563
            June 4, 2006
            39 Posts
            Posted: August 8, 2006, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY said: " The trick is to track the occurance of hot or cold numbers.  By having a past history as a guide, you can make a good guess whether the next draw will contain at least one hot number or at least one cold number or possibly a little of both."

Eliminate the guess work by counting the numbers in the 'games out' category.  For instance, ( in a 5/39 game) if you have 30+ numbers in the 0---9 games out category you will see multiple HOT numbers in the next draw.  Also, if there are only 1 or 2 COLD numbers in the 20---39 games out category you will not see any COLD numbers in the next draw.    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2006, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a plan.  I believe in playing HOT numbers until they change their status.  Let us know how your plan does.  Good luck to you too.

If you checked the results of last night MegaMillions challenge then you know I only had two of the winning numbers in my group.  Others in the challenge did better.

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5114 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2006, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

0 HOT numbers---2 draws

1 HOT numbers---6 draws

2 HOT numbers---11 draws

3 HOT numbers---10 draws

4 HOT numbers--- 2 draws

Thank$$$$$$$$$$$$$...................dacman:

For your INPUT to the SIMPLE$$$$$$$$$$$$..... PICK-5

game of LOTTERY.................Hot-Cold-OverDewwwwww.

Every time I think I HAVE the BEAST "fingered"..........out

they send.................................................................."IN"

another .....$OB.....!

lol

PSYKOMO