Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Fair deal or not...

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2006, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Do you think that if Powerball and Mega millions gave money for matching 1 and 2 numbers, that it will be a fairer (better) deal? Something like matching 2 of 5 + 0 PB/MB = 2 dollars and 1 of 5 + 0 PB/MB = 50 cents...

I think that's the next step they need to take if they want to increase the matrix..

What you all think?..

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2006, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I think 2 of 5 WB should be a free play, but I think when you introduce money coming back like $2 or .50, the sellers would hate it because they would have the financial task of adding MORE money to their registers, more Accounting involved, etc.

I'd vote no to money coming back for a 2/5, but yes to a free play in a future drawing. 

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
      Member #12618
      March 18, 2005
      2060 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2006, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Do you think that if Powerball and Mega millions gave money for matching 1 and 2 numbers, that it will be a fairer (better) deal? Something like matching 2 of 5 + 0 PB/MB = 2 dollars and 1 of 5 + 0 PB/MB = 50 cents...

I think that's the next step they need to take if they want to increase the matrix..

What you all think?..

I would like to see some money given to tickets with 2 of 5 + 0 PB/MB, but I don't see it happening.

Dance like no one is watching.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2006, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

The odds of matching 0+1 in MegaMillions are 1:75 and pays $2.  The odds of matching 2+0 are 1:19, why do you think it would be fair to pay $2 for both?  Even a pick3 game with a top prize of $500 for a dollar bet can't offer those kinds of odds/payouts. 

You want to be paid $2 for spending $1 and losing.  That would be a good deal, too good to be real. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10353 Posts
          Posted: August 8, 2006, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

How about the MM or PB "reverso" prize...if you don't hit anything at all, it's a free ticket, or, you can keep that ticket and combine it with the next draw, and if that doesn't hit anything at all, it becomes like a multiplier.........

If you're gutsy enough, you can see how many straight "no hit" tickets you're willing to go for before the lottery owes you for having not hit any numbers whatsoever!

Kind of like lotto meets lo-ball poker!

Then that could be taken even further, and if you declare that you're going for a reverso prize, and you hit anything at all, you owe them!